EasyN camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
herojohan

EasyN camera

Post by herojohan »

Hi there,

I have been searching around quite some time to find a solution but did not find any solution yet.
Trying to connect my EasyN (quite an old model, not sure which one) to my Zoneminder that is running on Compute Engine.
When going to the camera ex. 94.241.24.14:81/videostream.cgi?user=admin&pwd=password&resolution=8&rate=0 I get the camera footage, no problem what so ever.
Using external IP and using a VPN to run Zoneminder on. Port 81 is forwarded & open.
Sadly enough, nothing pops up. iSpy does work out & is able to connect and runs locally.

Settings:
HTTP Methode
Simple
/videostream.cgi?user=admin&pwd=password&resolution=8&rate=0

Camera too old? Any help would be awesome! :)
mikb

Re: EasyN camera

Post by mikb »

From looking at your working URL: Your settings don't seem to mention the port number -- does ZoneMinder know you're using port *81* which is not standard (80 would be default).
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Use ffmpeg. Test the camera with VLC to get the display resolution and use that in Zoneminder. Your string looks OK (use that in VLC) and does contain the port.
herojohan

Post by herojohan »

@mikb
But when you go to HTTP settings, you also have to fill in the port, right?
I'll try the other way today with including the portnumber in the URL. (HTTP Simple)
Thanks for your tip!

@bbunge
Thanks for your tip! I'll try it!
herojohan

Post by herojohan »

Alright, I have news.

It seems that it does record, but it does not show any stream for some reason.
Neither can I scroll through events by using the navigation icons. However I can export footage and see the recorded images.

Is there a possibility that another port has to be opened or are these not possible with HTTP Simple methode.

EDIT:
When trying FFMPEG, I receive this error:
Unable to open input 23.425.17.94:81/videostream.cgi?user=admin2&pwd=privacy due to: Success
mikb

Post by mikb »

herojohan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:37 am But when you go to HTTP settings, you also have to fill in the port, right?
Yes you absolutely do need to fill in the port number.

Otherwise Zoneminder won't know what port, and (I guess) would have to assume port 80 - the standard for HTTP.

You do not seem to have set a value for the port, at least in your quoted settings: I see only Connection method, IP address, URL.

I was checking that you'd actually remembered to put "81" in the "Port" box -- it could be that you have filled in the port box, but didn't mention it in your OP :)
herojohan

Post by herojohan »

Does anyone have any clue why the system is not realtime viewing anything?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Did you check PATH_ZMS?
mikb

Post by mikb »

Did you check the port number?