Corrupt .mp4 file on signal loss

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
Alec

Corrupt .mp4 file on signal loss

Post by Alec »

I'm running 1.31.9 from iconnor PPA on Ubuntu 16.04 with lamp. IP cameras via RTSP with ffmpeg.

For the monitors that I am running with H264 camera passthrough, if the signal is lost it corrupts the .mp4 file for the event, thus losing all of the frames captured in that continuous event to the point of signal loss. I could make my events shorter, but I am wondering if there is a more elegant solution that would allow the file to be playable if it includes a signal loss?
DFU
SteveGilvarry

Re: Corrupt .mp4 file on signal loss

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Not so much right now, we need to get Fragmented mp4 working then it should only affect a small segment. It could be possible to recover the frames, normally it is just the mp4 is missing data that is being written out on close.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I will look into this. Loss of signal should not result in a corrupt mp4.
Alec

Post by Alec »

When I initially posted, I was running 10 minute (for me, 6000 frame) events. After reducing the event length to 600 frames, I started having playable files MOST (maybe 80%) of the time when there was a signal loss.

I just (inadvertently) upgraded to the 10-20-2017 version, and am very excited to have a more or less working Montage Review!

Thanks,

Alec
DFU