analysis lot of files on one monitor

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
askr

analysis lot of files on one monitor

Post by askr »

hello,

I would like to use zoneminder for many reasons, But now I would like to handle lot of video files which are too heavy to keep it as there are.

So:

One day footage from camera is about 30GB .mp4 file. I am using ffmpeg input.
I would like to detect and keep in DB only that parts with motion (video file), some jpgs (modect mode)
I would to delete 'day' footage after grabbing and analysing it in zoneminder. (there are small changes on this video, so that is really storage-effective for me)
I would like use this in virt environment. Dedicated only for this, there is something like 'offline' analyser. There are no other cameras on this system.

At this moment I see problems:

1. Current setting loops the file. When the input arrives the last minutes on file, it starts again, so, the events are detected again and again and again. I need to put next file, at the end I would like to get all events from different days in one timeline.
2. I have no idea how can I swap the file, ex after file from one day, put the file from the next day
3. The events on timeline has other date than in the real system.

I really have no idea how to work with that.

In my tests I have noticed that depending on CPU usage the video is analysed faster, or slower, can't control it. Of course, my footage coming from 20 months, so I would like to have it faster than 1:1 ratio. Would be great to analyse at least two 30GB files at one day for example.

My questions:
A. Is there any CLI for zoneminder? Maybe API which can controls the monitor completely ?
B. How can I temporary disable the monitor after scanning all file? I have tried with -s 00:00:10 option in 'ffmpeg options' without success. So I need to avoid looping one file.
C. How can I connect two events: ending analysis of the first file, and putting the next one, and starts analysis of the next file?
D. Controlling the date which will be compliant with movie date/time I would control via disabling ntp, and manually assign the date in linux.

I hope to hear that it would be possible in zmind, I really don't wan't manually analyse this in ffmpeg.

Zoneminder is the great tool, and if someone here could help me, I would try to document that.

regards