How to combine the information of multiple events in one email.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
adriaan

How to combine the information of multiple events in one email.

Post by adriaan »

Greetings,

A fresh Zoneminder 1.31 is up and running on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 system. It took me a while to dig into various topics but I'm quite happy with the setup as is. After the initial setup I configured email notification for events. So an extra filter has been defined as well. So far so good.

What I would like to accomplish next is combining the information of multiple events (metadata and image) in one email message (per 60 seconds interval) instead of multiple email messages for, possisbly more than 1, event fired in that time span. I have been looking at filter options but to be honest this does not seem to be possible.

So my question is:
Is one email message for multiple event details something that can be 'configured' and was simply overlooked by me?
Or do I have to dig into the code of (i think) zmfilter.pl and make modifications of my own?

Hope to hear, Adriaan.
adriaan

Re: How to combine the information of multiple events in one email.

Post by adriaan »

A correction. Version is 1.30.4
rockedge

Re: How to combine the information of multiple events in one email.

Post by rockedge »

possibly the simplest way to do this would be to access the events in the db directly. So a script that is triggered by the Filter you use now except change the action to Execute command on all matches and here execute the script (perhaps in PERL) that then gathers the multiple event details and constructs the email message and sends it.
I will experiment a bit to see if I can get something simple to work, this is an interesting senerio and perhaps an idea for a new feature (eventually).