apache2 restart php error

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
bigfoot49

apache2 restart php error

Post by bigfoot49 »

Hi,

I installed zoneminder on debian (openemdiavault iso). When I try a systemctl restart I get the error:

Code: Select all

Jul 30 15:59:34 openmediavault apache2[1607]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 11 of /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf:
Jul 30 15:59:34 openmediavault apache2[1607]: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server
Jul 30 15:59:34 openmediavault apache2[1607]: Action 'configtest' failed.
Jul 30 15:59:34 openmediavault apache2[1607]: The Apache error log may have more information.
Jul 30 15:59:34 openmediavault systemd[1]: apache2.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jul 30 15:59:34 openmediavault systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Apache2 web server.
Line 11 of the config file

php_flag register_globals off

I also saw there is no /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini file on the system.

All zm deamons are running.

But no web GUI and this error.

Any idea?

Regard from Germany
rockedge

Re: apache2 restart php error

Post by rockedge »

Hello! I think you may have an error in the Apache installation. What directories exist in /etc/apache2?
I just installed 1.30.4 on a USB flash drive running Debian 9 "Stretch" and another USB flashdrive with Lubuntu Trusty and zoneminder 1.31.1 from the master PPA. I followed the install instructions for each version of OS and ZM exactly (copy & paste) and both work very well.

Please review your installation that all the pieces are there!

Good afternoon in Germany!
bigfoot49

Post by bigfoot49 »

ls /etc/apache2/
apache2.conf  conf-available  conf-enabled  envvars  magic  mods-available  mods-enabled  ports.conf  sites-available  sites-enabled
zoneminder.cfg

# Remember to enable cgi mod (i.e. "a2enmod cgi").
ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin"
<Directory "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin">
    Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    AllowOverride All
    Require all granted
</Directory>

Alias /zm /usr/share/zoneminder/www
<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www>
#  php_flag register_globals off
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  <IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.php
  </IfModule>
</Directory>

uname -a
Linux openmediavault 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.30-2~bpo8+1 (2017-06-14) x86_64 GNU/Linux
I think debian jessi.

Everything looks fine.
All files are placed correct.

Only the missing php file and the apache php error.

I can´t reinstall the whole system. So I must be carefully.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I would guess that openmediavault is based on Debian 8? And i bet you did not use Zoneminder 1.31.1. Check the WIKI for the latest Debian install procedures.
bigfoot49

Post by bigfoot49 »

Yes it´s Debian 8 (Jessi)
bbunge wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:05 pm And i bet you did not use Zoneminder 1.31.1.
you´re right ... it´s 1.29.0 ... sorry my mistake :|

so wrong forum...

but...after all this steps no web side and no /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini file.

strange
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

that is strange. I have not installed 1.29 in awhile but I am not familiar with openmediavault. Is there a directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www ??
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

bigfoot49

Post by bigfoot49 »

sorry guys... I´m looking for a other software solution.

I installed it on a clean debian 8, a raspberry, centos7 and try all the different ways to set up.
But in all cases there where problems and errors.

With all my other server (samba, nextcloud, usv-monitoring, nagios, postfix(!), dovecot, omv ....) I had no such problems like with zoneminder...jesus...

Update:
My solution is Motioneye. Works out of the box. Not so much features like zoneminder, but easy to install, easy to config works on all platforms (also OMV ISO).
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I just set up 1.30.4 on a 32 bit OS called TrinityDog which is a Debian 9 "Stretch" modified to act like a Puppy Linux using the Trinity desktop. I used these instructions and I have ZM up and running after basically copying & pasting the commands into a terminal. The OS and the ZM installation are all on an 8 gig USB flash drive. The computer is a 2005 Dell Inspiron E1505. Bummer you couldn't get ZM going. Good Luck.

snapshot2.png
snapshot2.png (566.23 KiB) Viewed 90365 times
bigfoot49

Post by bigfoot49 »

rockedge wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:59 pm Bummer you couldn't get ZM going.
ohhhh.... little boy...don´t cry...here is your lollipop :lol:
rockedge wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:59 pmGood Luck.
Thank you! I don´t need luck... motioneye works.

So, lord of zoneminder...try it on openmediavault. Not Debian 9 or USB Stick or what ever ...
Don´t change the challenge!

Install openmediavault from iso (not Debian 8 with Openmediavault package), configure in openmediavault a file share (it´s easy. a bummer like me can do it in 5 minutes), then install zm without rebooting the system.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I'll give motioneye a try....I haven't yet.
Ich glaube sie etwas missverstanden haben.
All I meant was too bad you didn't get it going. I will try openmediavault from iso and see what happens. I believe the OS I mentioned is developed in Deutschland.
bigfoot49

Post by bigfoot49 »

OK...
For me was zoneminder the first choice. But it must work on openmediavault.

So if you get it work you must told my how :!:
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Okay! I was able to get ZoneMinder 1.29.0 running on openmediavault. I setup a VirtualBox machine installation of openmediavault 3.0.89 Erasmus and got it running and can login on to the web console. The openmedia web console I set to run on Port 86. The virtual machine has an 8gig HDD and 786 megs of RAM.
The zoneminder install begins with a careful install of Apache then the mysql-server PHP5 with several added modules.
I followed most of this set of instructions https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_8_64 ... e_Easy_Way
When I first tried the ZM web console would not run. the apache and php installation where flawed when I used the instructions exactly. What I did was spread out the steps using apt-get and going in this order ->
Apache
PHP5
mysql
zoneminder

I noticed on my first attempt which failed to run that the php code was not being parsed...so blank screen when trying to open the ZM web console.
I had problems with Apache config and the PHP5 config. On the second and successful attempt, I used the order listed above and used the commands from the instructions. I will build a new virtual machine and go through the steps one by one and write a guide if you think it would be a good idea.

capture12730.png
capture12730.png (448.96 KiB) Viewed 90318 times
capture13527.png
capture13527.png (666.47 KiB) Viewed 90318 times
UPDATE I tuned the machine a little and removed php5-fpm. I will attempt to upgrade ZM from 1.29 to 1.30.4 later today if time allows....
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Here ya go... Zoneminder on OpenMediaVault

Install OpenMedia Vault. Log into the web interface and change the default password
Next, go to General Settings/Port and change 80 to 8080 or another of your choice. This to allow Apache to use port 80.

In a terminal log in as root. Install Apache2:
apt-get install apache2

Edit /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and change KeepAlive On to Off (use nano to edit files)

Next run these commands:
a2dismod mpm_event
a2enmod mpm_prefork

Follow the install instructions at: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_8_64 ... e_Easy_Way
except:
Install PHP, and MySQL server. You will be prompted to set a MySQL password
apt-get install php5 mysql-server php-pear php5-mysql php5-gd libapache2-mod-php5

and do not add the jessie-backports main as they are already in OpenMediaVault

Best of luck!
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Thanks @bbunge! excellent instructions.
I also tried this out with Apache listening on port 86 and openmediavault on port 80. Works as well but it makes more sense for Apache to use port 80. :D