storing and viewving storaged h.264 video

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
eric29

storing and viewving storaged h.264 video

Post by eric29 »

hi guys,

I'm trying to use isaac h.264 storage module.

I want to use this like this :

- I use one rtsp stream from the camera with normal zoneminder capacities: motion detect, email alarms events, etc ....
- I want to use another rtsp stream (i use vivotek 4 rtsp streams with different resolution/fps) with Isaac h.264 passtrough to generate
some mp4 files.

My question are :

- the mp4 files that are created each 10 minutes, can i have one file per day ?
- is it possible to view this files with the console ? With zmninja ? Do i need to configure one rtmp/flash server to view this files (crtmpsever for example ?)

thanks guys for your help,

Eric
mikb

Re: storing and viewving storaged h.264 video

Post by mikb »

One file per day -- as in 24 hours of footage (potentially) in one file?

I fear the file will be a) Very large, b) hard to manipulate/view/navigate and c) risking an entire day's footage in the event of error (!)

If you have a really good reason for doing it, then I'm sure it can be done, but it makes me nervous :)

As a backup plan, maybe keep to separate files that you join together (losslessly, without transcoding) afterwards?

(e.g. "mencoder 20171022-*.avi -ovc copy -of avi -force-avi-aspect 4:3 -o bigmergedclip.avi")
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

1. Possible yes, but I would not advise it as any issue in stream during record will leave you with a bad mp4.
2. Videos are passed into an mp4 container making them viewable with anything, in console we use html5 video tag.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
eric29

Post by eric29 »

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. You are right, a 24 hour file is to big and not finally interesting for what i want.

But one hour files should be great. I see that in the MONITOR/MISC TAB i can change the length section,
do you think that (only in recording mode) putting this parameter to 3600 sec is a good idea ?

Regarding my second question about viewing this files from the console i see that in the EVENTS window
we have now with this release an MP4 link permitting to watch/download the file. So it seems to be ok
for me.

Any remark ?

Eric