Can't login after enable password to login!!

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
david1234

Can't login after enable password to login!!

Post by david1234 »

Hello ,
up until now my zonminder was in a private network - so I didn't needed a login.
I have did evertyhing it say here

Code: Select all

https://bkjaya.wordpress.com/2018/08/05/how-to-install-zoneminder-1-30-4-on-raspberry-pi-3-with-raspbian-9-upgraded-from-jessie-to-stretch/

when I enter
localhost/zm
I saw all the cameras.

I have connected the PI into the internet so I can see the cameras from anywhere
and added a new user with all privileges (such as the admin )
after doing this - I can't loggin to the zm .
I have reboot the PI - still nothing - I only get tot he login page .

I thought maybe I wrote the password wrong
so I enter the MariaDB and did it again

mariadb -u zmuser -p
zmpass
SHOW DATABASES;
use zm;
Select * from Users;
update Users set Password="David@AAA" where Username="David";

select * from Users;
+----+----------+-------------------------------------------+----------+---------+--------+--------+---------+----------+--------+---------+--------+--------------+------------+
| Id | Username | Password                                  | Language | Enabled | Stream | Events | Control | Monitors | Groups | Devices | System | MaxBandwidth | MonitorIds |
+----+----------+-------------------------------------------+----------+---------+--------+--------+---------+----------+--------+---------+--------+--------------+------------+
|  1 | admin    | *C765AEB753A079DA40856E23FBF22D95E64B92F7 |          |       1 | View   | Edit   | Edit    | Edit     | Edit   | Edit    | Edit   |              |            |
|  2 | David    | David@123!                                |          |       1 | View   | Edit   | Edit    | Edit     | Edit   | Edit    | Edit   | high         |            |

no problem there ,
reboot the PI
and still I can't enter .

what is wrong , and how can I fix this?
Please answer back

only after I remove the password

MariaDB [zm]> update Users set Password="" where Username="David";
I was able to connect

so what is worng?
how do I make a user and a password that allow me to connect?

Thanks ,
snake

Re: Can't login after enable password to login!!

Post by snake »

Don't follow random blog instructions for ZM. This author could've posted to the wiki, but he decided to copy it and post to his own wordpress. If he puts ads on his site, he could be making money off of bbhunge's hard work in maintaining the wiki. Not nice.

Use the install guides in the wiki or the official docs.

If you have Raspbian 8 or 9, you will be using 1.30. I'd recommend you go with Raspbian 10, so you can use 1.32.3. Here's a guide for Raspbian 10: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Raspberry_Pi_4_-_Raspbian
Best results will be with passthrough. H264 encode doesn't work on 1.32.3, and its the default, so change it on the settings when you add a camera.

As for your original problem, I believe passwords have to be encrypted in mysql (if you are going to add them via a query). The easy way to add a user in ZM is to use the apache web gui.

EDIT: 1/4/19: Bkjaya1952 has been posting to the forums since this post, and while the guide above was copied from the wiki, some of his other posts are original content, which add value to troubleshooting things such as Ubuntu 19.10 so I take back what I said.
Last edited by snake on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
david1234

Re: Can't login after enable password to login!!

Post by david1234 »

I did with the gui - but maybe I press the wrong letter .

I found the problem was that as you said , the password needed to be encrypted
so in the DB I just use this command

MariaDB [zm]> update Users set Password=PASSWORD"NewPassword" where Username="David";
Thanks ,