Central management of 2 sites

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
wgs

Central management of 2 sites

Post by wgs »

Hi,
I've been searching for a way to manage 2 zone minder sites more efficiently, and I'm hoping there is a better solution than what I have been doing. Some background:
I have one site with a ZM server running 1.30.x that has a total of 5 cameras that we can call Site A. I have a second site that is also running 1.30.x and has 3 cameras, Site B. Ideally, I would run a single server at Site A to manage everything, however, I am bandwidth limited at Site B. Because of this I installed a local server at the site to reduce the bandwidth impact for the site, allowing me to run higher frame rates and resolution. I am using a combination of the web interface and zmNinja on mobile to review camera events, and am constantly logging into and out of each system. So my hope is that there is some way to do the analysis and event storage for each site local, but combine the management so that I can review all of the camera footage for both sites by both the web console and a mobile app. Is this possible?
Thanks,
Bill
iconnor

Re: Central management of 2 sites

Post by iconnor »

With 1.32 you can have ZM installed locally at each location with local storage at each location. They need to both share a central db though, so you might keep the db on server A. So the main bandwidth use would be the db communication.
wgs

Post by wgs »

I think I have enough bandwidth to support that. Both sites are internet connected with a VPN between them. What would happen if the VPN was down? Would the remote server survive on its own during an outage?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

not really. It would fall apart until the db connection was restored.

You might look into mysql multi-master