upgrading os to latest version breaks zoneminder again as usual

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
bjb1959

upgrading os to latest version breaks zoneminder again as usual

Post by bjb1959 »

back to not working as usual after a distro upgrade. even complete uninstall and following instructions exactly don't work. zoneminder service won't start again and I have spent way too many hours trying to get it to work. I go through this every single time and it just isn't worth it any longer. I just thank god I never decided to pay for the product since it would be a huge waste of money. I will just use my camera's Android app and web interface instead. Maybe someday it will be a good product but not currently.
bbunge

Re: upgrading os to latest version breaks zoneminder again as usual

Post by bbunge »

Would be nice for you to tell us what your Linux distro and version is and what you tried to upgrade to. Very likely we've experienced the same problem and have a fix for it. Just ask if you need help.

As for the cost and not paying for the product, have you considered the hours a few of us spend on making Zoneminder work and never get a single coin and infrequently get a thanks? Yes, I am retired and am old and opinionated, self taught in networking and operating systems (remember DOS?) but I consider everyone who at least tries to use Zoneminder worthy of my time.

bb