ZM no camera image - ok in ispyconnect

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
sbv3000

ZM no camera image - ok in ispyconnect

Post by sbv3000 »

Hi All
My first post here so hope its in the right location and format.
I've setup a debian/ZM 1.30.4 system using the install guide and its working ok and I've several hikvision and vivotek cameras setup as monitors.
I'm trying to setup an older NVR, an STL-Solution KE-9100d1 16 channel analogue.
After some scanning with Wireshark and Fiddler I've found the camera stream url which is;
http://user:pw@IPaddr:8081/cgi-bin/wap_ ... .cgi?cam=0 (-15)

I've tried creating a monitor/camera as;

source type - ffmpeg
source path - the url

and

source type - remote

Remote Protocol - HTTP
Remote Method - simple
Remote Host Name - user:pw@ipaddr
Remote Host Port - 8081
Remote Host Path - /cgi-bin/wap_capture.cgi?cam=0

Both of these 'connect' (ie the ZM console shows green monitor and source names, but I don't see an image in the monitor, just a blue screen.

Interestingly I've also tested this connection url in ispyconnect, ffmpeg format source and it connects and displays a camera image. Additionally in ispy the jpg source also works.
Any ideas why ZM is not showing my stream please?
sbv3000

Re: ZM no camera image - ok in ispyconnect

Post by sbv3000 »

as a ps to this, I've checked the resolution of the image and played with the settings in the stream to match, but still no joy
sbv3000

Re: ZM no camera image - ok in ispyconnect

Post by sbv3000 »

further investigation has lead me to find that the image path is a static camera snapshot. the dvr web server refreshes this 3 second intervals. It seems that ispyconnect can handle this whereas zm does not, nor is that friendly to the wap jpeg snapshot size (I have tried all the permutations). Pity as the client can no longer use the old activex web browser with the dvr and I had zm as a 'free' option for him. probably will suggest he gets a new dvr, cheaper than messing about.