Polygons must not intersect

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
rdorsch

Polygons must not intersect

Post by rdorsch »

Hi,

I have a zoneminder instance running and when I try to edit a zone, I get an error message:

polygons must not intersect

They intersect indeed before editing, but after everything looks ok for me (see attachment).

Has anybody an idea what is going wrong?

zoneminder release: 1.30.4

Any idea on how to get around this issue is welcome.

Many thanks
Rainer
Attachments
polygons-must-not-intersect.png
polygons-must-not-intersect.png (233.95 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
mikb

Re: Polygons must not intersect

Post by mikb »

First thought: Move the points that are VERY close to the edge away from edge of frame, I've sometimes had complaints when getting right near the edge.

Second thought: Take out those two funny little insertions into the polygon, it looks like you could cover this area with a 4 sided polygon and save the headache.

Obviously you know more about the area being covered than I do, but what are you trying to avoid in those thin slivers, does an incredibly thin person come along and pogo-jump several times a day? :)
rdorsch

Post by rdorsch »

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I simplified the polygon now a lot(see attachment), but I still get the same error message.

Not sure if I fully understood your last comment: the thin slivers see light through the glas in the door, I want to cut that out to avoid false alarms.

Thanks
Rainer
Attachments
polygons-must-not-intersect-2.png
polygons-must-not-intersect-2.png (245.24 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
rdorsch

Post by rdorsch »

Maybe I should add that I had intersections before I edited the polygon, but if the error message refers to that it clearly comes to late, I just fixed an intersect issue in the the polygon edges.
mikb

Post by mikb »

My last comment was partly a joke, but the point was serious: Trying to create tiny "avoidance" areas like that seems a lot of effort, gives ZM more work to do, and seems remarkably precise as to the shape of the thing you are cutting round.

Hint: Look at "exclusion" zones too, as they can be used to prevent part of the picture from triggering an event.
rdorsch

Post by rdorsch »

Many thanks for your reply again.

I deleted the entire zone and recreated it, that solved the problem.

I also used "inactive" zones on top of a simpler "active" zone now.