Melting image

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
PCMedicJAX

Melting image

Post by PCMedicJAX »

I have 3 Vanxse el cheapo chinese cameras at 2 different locations 1 at one location(same LAN as ZM server) and 2 at the other. the one on same LAN works fine. the 2 at the other location look as if they are melting.
Same LAN: Works Fine
Source Type ffmpeg
Source Path rtsp://admin:@x.x.x.x:554/user=admin_password=nunyabeeswax_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

Remote Site: Melting Image
Source Type ffmpeg
Cam 1:Source Path rtsp://admin:@mysubdomain.mydddnsdomain.us:554/user=admin_password=nunyabeeswax_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream
Cam 2:Source Path rtsp://admin:@mysubdomain.mydddnsdomain.us:555/user=admin_password=nunyabeeswax_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

Portforwarding is set correctly
bbunge

Re: Melting image

Post by bbunge »

Use tcp instead of udp.
PCMedicJAX

Post by PCMedicJAX »

I am using TCP. I am using the exact same setting for the exact same model cameras at 2 different locations. except IP/domain info.
jwarfin

Post by jwarfin »

Are all the cams running the same firmware version?

How about settings? Are each cam's internal settings the same? I'm referring to the settings in each cam, not the Zomeminder monitor settings for each cam.

It sounds like 1 of the cams works and 2 don't so...

If the cams have any internal settings for the video stream I'd make sure the 2 cams have settings that match the cam that works. I'd especially look to see if there are "I Frame" settings. I Frames are like key frames. If set to a really big number you might see image corruption in ZM - depending on your ZM settings for FPS and Reference image blend. If you do find the cams I Frame settings a large number (like > 100), try setting them to 10 and see if that helps. And/or: if your Reference Image Blend settings are real high/low, try 6.25%.

Funky network connections can cause this too. If packets are dropped - and the packets are for I Frames - then image corruption can happen.

Also: I've tested cams that had firmware that wasn't super robust about streaming over a busy/marginal network and that would result in weird corruption of the streamed image.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Streaked or "melted" images can be a common problem. Lower the key frame interval and the frame rate at the camera. Lower the resolution. If you get a stable image you can up the values until it breaks again. Make sure you have not used up the tmpfs. Also use VLC to test your streams.