Blue Screen on feed from remote dvr

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
doubleosix

Blue Screen on feed from remote dvr

Post by doubleosix »

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a DVR to Zoneminder. The video path I've figured out for the DVR is "http://192.168.0.24/cgi-bin/view.cgi?ch ... p=password" Opening that path in a browser causes a file to start start downloading on my computer. The file is called "View.cgi" I am able to open this file in VLC and see the video.

Now when I open zone minder and set up a monitor with the source as "remote", the host as "192.168.0.24", the port as "80" and the path as "/cgi-bin/view.cgi?chn=1&u=admin&p=password" I just end up with a blue screen in the monitor. Ive tried all the other source options to no avail.

I'm running CentOS 7.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
rockedge

Re: Blue Screen on feed from remote dvr

Post by rockedge »

the screen resolution must be correctly set in ZM for what the DVR is streaming out. THe blue screen is a sure sign that all that needs to be adjusted is the resolution....remember it must match...you say you can see in VLC? then use VLC to determine the correct resolution and use that in the ZM setup for the DVR
doubleosix

Post by doubleosix »

VLC shows the video file to be 704x480 resolution. I set this as the resolution in the zoneminder monitor and I just get a larger blue screen.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

what happens if you try to open the url

Code: Select all

http://192.168.0.24/cgi-bin/view.cgi?ch ... p=password 
in the browser?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Can you enter the stream directly in vlc?
doubleosix

Post by doubleosix »

If I enter "http://192.168.0.24/cgi-bin/view.cgi?ch ... p=password" into my browser, Firefox starts downloading a file called "view.cgi" I can open that file in VLC. I have not been able to get VLC to open the stream directly.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

That would mean the cameras stream live to the DVR, the DVR is recording the camera streams? Zoneminder is then supposed to open this url download the file and view it and possibly do motion detection. I do not think can process a file of a recorded stream like that. What is your overall goal? Perhaps there are other streams being generated but use a slightly different URL. But it seems redundant to network a DVR to Zoneminder.... which is in principle a network video recorder
doubleosix

Post by doubleosix »

My company has several DVRs with out hard drives connected to analogue NTSC cameras, as well as a number of newer IP cameras spread around several remote locations and our main building. We use zoneminder to centrally record and monitor the video feeds from the DVRs and IP cameras that are spread around our network.

We have one location that has an off brand DVR that I am having trouble getting the video feed from. all the other DVRs and cameras output RTSP streams, which are easy enough to capture on zoneminder.

If no one knows of a way to record the "view.cgi" file that I am having trouble getting zoneminder to work with I will just advise that the dvr be replaced with something I can get an RTSP stream from.
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

Have you taken a look at the content of the view.cgi file, there may be clues as to how your camera feeds are streamed. or better still publish the file on here for other to help you.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You know the reason for things not working is likely in the logs. Look in them.