Zoneminder in Arch Linux missing dependencies

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
jb2017

Zoneminder in Arch Linux missing dependencies

Post by jb2017 »

Hi folks,

I've been using Zoneminder successfully for a while now, with ZM running in an Arch Linux virtual machine. I installed the AUR package on this VM a while back without any issues. Now I would like to try and re-install ZM in an LXC container instead (lighter, more efficient virtualization). I've setup a new Arch container for this but when I attempt to build the zoneminder package from the AUR I'm getting the following issue ...

Code: Select all

[justin@zm zoneminder]$ makepkg -sc
==> Making package: zoneminder 1.30.4-1 (Mon 02 Jul 2018 22:39:33 BST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: php-mcrypt
error: target not found: perl-php-serialization
error: target not found: perl-net-sftp-foreign
error: target not found: perl-sys-mmap
error: target not found: perl-expect
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
So it seems the required dependencies listed above are not found in the Arch repos - probably these packages do not exist at the current version of PHP & PERL. Can anybody tell me exactly what dependency versions are required by zoneminder 1.30.4?

Any help would be appreciated.
knight-of-ni

Re: Zoneminder in Arch Linux missing dependencies

Post by knight-of-ni »

I'm not sure how many arch linux users are in this forum. You may want to try your question in the arch linux forum or contact the package manager directly. The dependencies shown in the error message are all available in redhat & debian repos. Come to think of it, I might even be the redhat package manager for a few of those. :-)
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I think you can use CPAN to install cpanminus and then use cpanminus to install the missing PERL modules.

I have to do this with some installs on different Puppy Linux variants. Those are PERL modules and you can look for those in the CPAN repos. I have CPAN going and in a terminal

cpan App::cpanminus
then after that use cpanminus like

cpanm Sys::Mmap
jb2017

Post by jb2017 »

Thanks for the response guys. Forget about it though. It seems that the Arch AUR package is broken. I did manage to get zoneminder installed in the end, but it was not straight forward. What I realised is that if I try to build & install the zoneminder package using the

makepkg -sci
command then it will try to find those missing dependency packages in the main Arch repos but they (with the exception of php-mcrypt) are all packages which need to be built and installed from the AUR as well. So I used a variant of pacman called yaourt to install zoneminder and this searches the AUR for any required dependencies and will build & install them in the process. I had to find and install the last available version of php-mcrypt from the arch linux package archive https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_Archive.

There are a few other steps to get it installed as described here https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zoneminder/ by "hardroid commented on 2018-06-07 16:17".

Now I have it installed I've run into another issue - mysql server (mariadb) will not start inside the container .......................... groan .... I suppose I could configure zoneminder to use an external mysql server.

Thats where I am with this. Not sure anybody here will find it useful!