Is it possible to blank a part?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
markush

Is it possible to blank a part?

Post by markush »

I'm using 1.30.4 for testing its features. It works very good and the installation under Ubuntu Server 16.04 was practicable :D

Now I'm searching for the possibility to blank a part of the recorded area. But I don't find a setting to do that! I want to blank a area which is a public street and runs through my land. Can anybody help me?

Thanks!
bbunge

Re: Is it possible to blank a part?

Post by bbunge »

Not sure what you mean by blank. If you want to exclude motion in the street from triggering an event you can set up zones to ignore motion in the street.
markush

Post by markush »

I know the zones - thanks! I want to mark an area and this area should not be recorded (respectively filled with color eg black). You know what i mean?
Think its not possible checked all the available documentation :? .
mikb

Post by mikb »

I don't think such a facility exists in ZM -- you could write and add one, or possibly do something clever with FFMPEG

Check out using FFMPEG video filters, option -vf and possibly the section in the manual on "overlay", and overlay your "black shape" from a .PNG file onto the video stream when you create videos from the events.

To create the black shape .png, export a single frame of the camera view, and load it into an image editor -- draw over the areas you want lost with black, and change everything else to transparent, save it as a .PNG.

Maybe that would suffice? It would be recorded but not exported?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

A couple years ago someone contributed privacy zones as a zone type. I've not used it myself but that sounds like what you are asking for.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

yes the privacy zone is exactly what you are looking for... I have tested it and the privacy zone works well.

you will find it in the zones setup and configuration.