zm login page works in chrome on android but not desktop, php code is displayed

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
bjb1959

zm login page works in chrome on android but not desktop, php code is displayed

Post by bjb1959 »

I upgraded from Ubuntu 17.10 to 1804 and, of course, it broke my zoneminder install. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I verified that php works correctly using a test.php in the root and accessing it remotely via web browser to make sure it worked and it does. However, if I try to log into the log in page locally or remotely the php code is displayed only and not the login page. Strangely, I am able to log in to it using my Android phone and the Chrome browser but not on the desktop browser. Any ideas?
bjb1959

Re: zm login page works in chrome on android but not desktop, php code is displayed

Post by bjb1959 »

did this already. didn't make a difference. I even completely uninstalled zoneminder and reinstalled following the ubuntu 18.04 instructions. anything else?
bbunge

Re: zm login page works in chrome on android but not desktop, php code is displayed

Post by bbunge »

I had some issues with upgrades and PHP7.x not being replaced. Make sure you disable PHP7.1 in Apache and enable PHP7.2.

I discovered that you really do not have to use PHP7.2 Bionic. Upgrading from 17.10 to 18.04 Zoneminder will still work but the Zoneminder API's may not work. You can also install PHP7.0 and use the version of Zoneminder 1.30.4 from the iconnor PPA. I just thought there would be too many issues in trying to explain all the possibilities in upgrading/setting up Zoneminder on Bionic.

If you want a real easy way to get Zoneminder running on Bionic use the shell script on a Bionic Desktop, minimal or server install. Don't install LAMP but run the script with root privileges and follow the prompts. See:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... ell_script
bjb1959

Post by bjb1959 »

bbunge wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:08 pm I had some issues with upgrades and PHP7.x not being replaced. Make sure you disable PHP7.1 in Apache and enable PHP7.2.

I discovered that you really do not have to use PHP7.2 Bionic. Upgrading from 17.10 to 18.04 Zoneminder will still work but the Zoneminder API's may not work. You can also install PHP7.0 and use the version of Zoneminder 1.30.4 from the iconnor PPA. I just thought there would be too many issues in trying to explain all the possibilities in upgrading/setting up Zoneminder on Bionic.

If you want a real easy way to get Zoneminder running on Bionic use the shell script on a Bionic Desktop, minimal or server install. Don't install LAMP but run the script with root privileges and follow the prompts. See:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... ell_script
7.2 is already being used in my install. thought about using the shell script but the thing is, Zoneminder works on my galaxy s9+ on the chrome browser but not on a desktop using chrome. if it works in a browser on my phone I would assume it is set up correctly. The issue is not working in a desktop browser so not sure how reinstalling is going to fix that since it doesn't appear to be a broken install now? anything that would cause it not to display the php page on a desktop browser but display it in a mobile browser?
bjb1959

Post by bjb1959 »

I went ahead and used the script even though zoneminder was already installed and it worked so thanks much for that. must have been a setting somewhere in apache2 or php is my guess just have no idea what. Thanks again.