Zoneminder 1.30.4 API not working on FreeBSD

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
n8klayko

Re: Zoneminder 1.30.4 API not working on FreeBSD

Post by n8klayko »

rockedge wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:07 pm In your Apache site-enabled configuration or the Apache conf-enabled zoneminder.conf check that the correct actual paths and Alias for /cgi-bin/ are correct. This is a piece from the stock /etc/apache2/conf-avialable/zoneminder.conf which I do not use since I am running Hiawatha instead of Apache at the moment.

Code: Select all

# Remember to enable cgi mod (i.e. "a2enmod cgi").
ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin"
<Directory "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin">
    Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    AllowOverride All
    Require all granted
</Directory>
ensure that these paths match your structure.
I found this code located in my apache's httpd.conf file. The path's were set correctly, but the "AllowOverride" and "Options" were set differently than your's. I changed those two line to reflect yours, but that did not change anything with zmNinja.
n8klayko

Post by n8klayko »

asker wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:58 pm So your APIs work finally on the browser but not on zmNinja? If so (that is, all APIs work on the browser) I can try and help. I've been doing a lot of cleanup

1. I'd like you to test a new version of the desktop port of zmNinja (easier to test)
2. Let me know your desktop OS
3. When you run his new version, press Ctrl+Alt+D - it opens a debug window, so you can tell me what you see
4. Shoot me an email so I can give you the download link (pliablepixels @gmail)
1. I am happy to test the desktop port and appreciate your assistance and guidance.
2. I am using a Windows 7 desktop, but can set up other VMs if need be (Windows would be easiest for me though).
3. I will debug as soon as you send the link.
4. Message sent, awaiting your response.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I found this code located in my apache's httpd.conf file. The path's were set correctly, but the "AllowOverride" and "Options" were set differently than your's. I changed those two line to reflect yours, but that did not change anything with zmNinja.
did you re-start Apache and ZM after changing the httpd.con file??
n8klayko

Post by n8klayko »

rockedge wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 am
did you re-start Apache and ZM after changing the httpd.con file??
Yes, I restarted both but the zmNinja app is still freezing and not loading events, monitors, or anything else.
asker

Post by asker »

Here is version 1.3.0. I've uploaded win64 and linux64
Please give it a shot, with debug window open

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

If you have questions, its best to join freenode.irc.net #zoneminder - I hang around there US East Coast time
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

do you have a 32 bit Linux Version handy? I would like to test it on a Puppy Linux Bionic 18.05 running ZM which uses zmNinja as the ZM interface... the 64 bit version coming soon.
asker

Post by asker »

uploaded to same dir
rockedge wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:10 am do you have a 32 bit Linux Version handy? I would like to test it on a Puppy Linux Bionic 18.05 running ZM which uses zmNinja as the ZM interface... the 64 bit version coming soon.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
n8klayko

Post by n8klayko »

asker wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:58 pm So your APIs work finally on the browser but not on zmNinja? If so (that is, all APIs work on the browser) I can try and help. I've been doing a lot of cleanup

1. I'd like you to test a new version of the desktop port of zmNinja (easier to test)
2. Let me know your desktop OS
3. When you run his new version, press Ctrl+Alt+D - it opens a debug window, so you can tell me what you see
4. Shoot me an email so I can give you the download link (pliablepixels @gmail)

Sorry for the slow response, but I was hit by a bad driver and my car was totaled... so things have been a bit hectic getting through all that stuff.

Anyways, the log from zmNinja desktop port says "API Error handler: going to login getAPI returned error: "-1.-1.-1"". The desktop port shows that there is an API error in the GUI, but my Android app is still just freezing. The desktop port went all the way through the login process and showed the status as everything working (login, api, and cg-bin), but after a few seconds should an api error message. I am not sure what you need from the debug window, but I can try to find whatever would be helpful for debugging this issue.
asker

Post by asker »

Hope you are ok and that other driver had insurance!

Once you are settled in, I think the best way forward is for us to do a collaborative debugging session - using team viewer or chrome desktop. You can join freenode.irc.net #zoneminder and we can set it up so I can share your desktop, launch the desktop app and see what is going on.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
n8klayko

Post by n8klayko »

asker wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:05 pm Hope you are ok and that other driver had insurance!

Once you are settled in, I think the best way forward is for us to do a collaborative debugging session - using team viewer or chrome desktop. You can join freenode.irc.net #zoneminder and we can set it up so I can share your desktop, launch the desktop app and see what is going on.
Thanks asker, thankfully no one was hurt and the insurance is covering everything.

Once I am home from work I will get things setup so that you can see a desktop on my server's network and collaboratively debug. Let me know if there is a day/time that works best for you and I will be available to troubleshoot with you over the remote session. I'll send a chrome remote desktop access code.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I have seen something similar..... zmNinja 1.3.0D starts off looking like it successfully authorizes and then streams for a second and comes up with the API isn't configured. I get past the "upgrade to v1.32.0" message OK... there is a huge Owl staring at me from a tree across the street....pretty cool.
asker

Post by asker »

I'd definitely like to see debug logs when this happens. @n8klayko - I'm in the IRC channel US East Coast time 9AM - 5PM - just join and ask for me.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
n8klayko

Post by n8klayko »

asker wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:35 pm I'd definitely like to see debug logs when this happens. @n8klayko - I'm in the IRC channel US East Coast time 9AM - 5PM - just join and ask for me.
Hello asker, I tried reaching out to you on the Zoneminder IRC, but haven't heard from you. Can you PM me a time that will work for you to do some testing?
asker

Post by asker »

Sorry about that - I am on travel. I'll be available in the IRC channel tomorrow (Thu May 24). I do check IRC logs though - when did you look for me? I did not see you ask there - make sure you are on the right channel.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
n8klayko

Post by n8klayko »

asker wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:23 pm Sorry about that - I am on travel. I'll be available in the IRC channel tomorrow (Thu May 24). I do check IRC logs though - when did you look for me? I did not see you ask there - make sure you are on the right channel.
It's been a week or two now. I was also travelling for a while so I just haven't had time to mess with this in a while. I will double check I'm in the right channel and check back tomorrow. Thanks again asker!

Respectfully,