Buffer overrun at index ?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
lbm

Buffer overrun at index ?

Post by lbm »

Hi,
I often get these errors, for the camera setup with motion detection. which causes "unstable images". Does anyone know why this is happening.
Buffer overrun at index 38, image 320138, slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer size
I've tried to lower the quality from 100 to 70, again, but it does not really help.
Paranoid

Re: Buffer overrun at index ?

Post by Paranoid »

This means that you are capturing frames faster than you can analyse them.
How often is often? If its every few seconds then you need to slow down your capture (frame rate) or reduce the size of the area you analyse or reduce the image resolution or change alarm check method from Blobs to FilteredPixels or from FilteredPixels to Pixels.
If its every hour or so then you might solve it by increasing the image buffer size.
lbm

Post by lbm »

It seems to happen everytime, thereis motion-detection happening.

I've just tried to increase the "Image Buffer Size" from 50 to 150, and setting the zones to filtered pixels.
Unfortunately, the same thing happens.
Paranoid

Post by Paranoid »

What frame rate and resolution is the camera? Have you tried decreasing the frame rate and/or the image resolution?
lbm

Post by lbm »

I've reduced the resolution massively to 1024x768, which seems to have solved it. So I will try to find the maximum resolution, I can go with without this issue.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Reducing the resolution may indicate you had run out of space in your tmpfs, AKA /dev/shm High resolution use can eat up a lot of memory!
lbm

Post by lbm »

bbunge wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:58 pm Reducing the resolution may indicate you had run out of space in your tmpfs, AKA /dev/shm High resolution use can eat up a lot of memory!
Hi, yes, this is not the issue. :)