WEB_POPUP_ON_ALARM doesn't (and has never) work

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
kennbr34

WEB_POPUP_ON_ALARM doesn't (and has never) work

Post by kennbr34 »

Okay so I was looking through options to get my browser window to alert me on motion, I got the sound working, but this WEB_POPUP_ON_ALARM doesn't seem to work at all. I've searched, and all I can find is a handful of threads that were either never replied to, or explaining that your browser must support this behavior--without listing any browsers that do.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21883&p=83121&hili ... ARM#p83121
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19474&p=76161&hili ... ARM#p76161
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11572&p=41882&hilit ... ARM#p41882
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8965&p=31400&hilit= ... ARM#p31400

Some of these threads are almost 10 years old!

Is this feature defunct? It seems it relies on a web browser being compatible with it, but it doesn't seem any of the popular browser choices ( besides IE ) support this behavior. I'd like to use it, but not if it means switching browsers.
rockedge

Re: WEB_POPUP_ON_ALARM doesn't (and has never) work

Post by rockedge »

the only time I have ever seen the popup on alarm work is when using Montage viewer and the display selection 3-wide grid,enlarge on Alarm. I will have to check...

UPDATE I have WEB_POPUP_ON_ALARM selected and I do see the monitor that alarms will suddenly enlarge when observing the streams with the Montage viewer and I have the 3-wide grid,enlarge on Alarm selected in the Montage viewer. I so far do not see the monitor individual stream view windows enlarge when that monitor is in an alarm state.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Actually Edge browser will bring a monitor to the front but Edge does not stream ZM. I suspect IE would work but that needs Java to stream.
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

Was kind of hoping to find a Linux-based browser that it would work for at least.

I've managed to find a workaround at least.

Code: Select all

if ( POPUP_ON_ALARM )
        {
                if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Chrome/') > 0) {
                        if (window.detwin) {
                                window.detwin.close();
                                window.detwin = null;
                        }
                }
                window.detwin = window.open('http://amd/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=4',  'ALRM RAISED', '...');
                window.detwin.focus();
            windowHandle.blur();
            windowHandle.focus();
        }
So instead of trying to raise the old window it just opens a new one. The only problem is that I have to use a fixed URL because I don't really know any of the variables and such. I guess one other option (to view events over all monitors instead of just one) would be to use the events/filters

Code: Select all

http://amd/zm/index.php?view=events&page=1&filter[terms][0][attr]=DateTime&filter[terms][0][op]=%3E%3D&filter[terms][0][val]=-1+minute&filter[terms][1][cnj]=and&filter[terms][1][attr]=MonitorId&filter[terms][1][op]=%3D&filter[terms][1][val]=4
So that will bring up a new window with all events within the last minute. A little more universal, though I still don't know how to use the hostname in the DB versus just hardcoding it as amd ( so for example this won't work when I access it remotely because I have to use a ddns domain ).

Seems like an easy enough change for the developers to incorporate since it doesn't seem that Chrome (or most modern browsers) support window.focus() anymore.