Zoneminder Monitor Multiple Networks

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
datastream

Zoneminder Monitor Multiple Networks

Post by datastream »

I am new to Zoneminder and am testing it out to see if it will be a good option to use instead of the software we use now that needs a paid license for each camera added to the system. We have a mix of Clearpix and Avigilon cameras. I am running Zoneminder 1.30.4 on Ubuntu 16.04, which is running in virtualbox.

Our camera system runs on it's own network of 192.168.1.0/24 (camnet). The rest of our network runs on 10.0.0.0/8 (lannet). I have one of our cameras (clearpix) pulled off camnet and put on lannet. I have 2 interfaces installed on the ubuntu vm, one running on lannet and one on camnet. I can ping cameras on camnet as well as the camera on lannet. When I go to install a camera and click ONVIF, zoneminder detects the single camera on lannet but not the rest of the cameras on camnet. Is there something that I am missing to get it to detect the cameras on the camnet?

I am having troubles getting the one camera that it detects installed. I am not sure it is just an issue with it being clearpix or if I need to do something different. It shows up green after I manually put settings in but does not appear to be working. I will cross that bridge after I get the other cameras detected and can test an Avigilon.

Any help is appreciated. Hope this is a little clearer than mud.
datastream

Re: Zoneminder Monitor Multiple Networks

Post by datastream »

I have been playing around with this. It actually seems that zoneminder is picking up my camnet and lannet camera. I am getting an error in my logs now that says "Unrecognized content type 'tex/html'" and then "unable to get response, disconnecting." I can view both cameras via web browser.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 1.38.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 1.38.48 PM.png (509.66 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Scanning with ONVIF does not always work in Zoneminder. As you are trying to get to two networks your best bet is to set up the cameras manually. Also, running in a VM can create some issues. May I suggest you set up Ubuntu on an old PC with two LAN cards, one for each network. If your networks are running off of the same switch you can add a second static IP to a single network card. I have servers running with both configs. If you continuse with the VM make sure you allocate enough RAM so the tmpfs does not fill up as you add cameras.
datastream

Post by datastream »

I did go ahead and put them in manually. Now I am getting the error that I posted above. I am thinking I need a command in the remote host path to just show the video. When I connect to the full web interface of the camera using user:pass@192.168.1.5 it shows different options. I am wondering if there is a command to just show the video stream to zoneminder and cut out the extra web stuff.