Triple image / weird video issue

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
rbthompsonv

Triple image / weird video issue

Post by rbthompsonv »

Hey guys... so, I had assume my problem was frame rate limits or something..but it doesn't seem to matter what I have my max FPS set to or other frame rate settings... Randomly 1 or more of my cameras will do what is pictured in the attachment when're it crops the bottom of the feed and sort of puts 2 images of the feed on the top... Any ideas what causes this?
FYI: this stream is captured from an analogue DVR stream (HIKVision 16 camera analogue system that zone minder captures the feed from)... the IP cameras on the network do not suffer from this issue. I should also say... it does not do that on the DVR itself... Only through the picked up stream that zone minder pulls... and its intermittent... there doesn't seem to be an exact cause as far as the video is concerned (doesn't always do it on ALARM, doesn't always do it on movement... to be fair, its a little hard to tell at the moment with the snow... but I don't think movement causes it)
Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 1.35.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 1.35.04 PM.png (828.55 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
snake

Re: Triple image / weird video issue

Post by snake »

What is the model of the Hikvision IP video encoder? What configuration settings did you use to connect to it in ZM?
rbthompsonv

Post by rbthompsonv »

Whoops sorry... that would have important to let you guys know :) ) my bad...

HIKVision DVR Modela: DS-7216HGHI-SH

HIKVIsion platform:
Frontend Resolution 1080P30 (1920x1080 30FPS)
Video Type: Video Stream
Resolution: 1920x1080P
BitRate: Variable
Video Quality: Highest
FPS: 12
Max Bitrate:6144
UPnP enabled
Live View Protocol: TCP
Image Format: JPEG

In Zoneminder:
Camera are set up as FFMPEG, NO FPS limits (Ive messed around with them, but they do not seem to impact the image). and I use the path:
rtsp://name:password@IPADDRESS/Streaming/Channels/XXX
to remote into each camera where XXX is the channel (101, 201, 301, 401.. etc)
Remote Method TCP, 32 bit color, resolutions 1920x1080... everything else is default setting
snake

Post by snake »

The Hikvision stream being sent is wrong, my guess. Try tweaking settings on the DVR. Disable motion detection, etc.

Never set FPS limits on ZM unless it's local type.

I've written up a troubleshooting guide here:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Finding_Camera_Stream_Paths
Which covers some beginner to advanced troubleshooting steps. They are not directly related to your issue, but will help. I don't know how far you want to look into this. Ideally, you'd look at the stream coming from the Hikvision and see why it's formatted in such a way as to cause the error.

Does the stream do the triple image when viewed in VLC?