How to avoid recording snow and rain?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Pete1

How to avoid recording snow and rain?

Post by Pete1 »

I've been tweaking my filtering and size settings and have managed to reduce many false triggers. But Zoneminder is still recording rain and snow. Typically these only have one or two alarm frames in a recording while a genuine recording of someone moving through the trigger zone has at least ten. Unfortunately the trigger areas of rain or snow close to the camera are similar to the size of a person!

I don't think I have missed anything, but is it possible to avoid recording where there are not multiple alarm frames? If I set a limit of two or three as the minimum number of alarm frames then I could drastically reduce the false triggers.
knight-of-ni

Re: How to avoid recording snow and rain?

Post by knight-of-ni »

Set your alarm frame count to 3 under each monitor config buffers tab
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
Thomas007

Post by Thomas007 »

That's an issue for me too. But I have managed to limit the amount of alarms.

In my experience setting buffers / Alarm Frame Count to 3 is too much, it will cause missed events. Instead I use a value of 2.

Also configure zones to use blobs, as this will require changes to of a certain size.
montagdude

Post by montagdude »

knnniggett wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:59 pm Set your alarm frame count to 3 under each monitor config buffers tab
I'm not the OP or in the same situation, but thanks for this suggestion. I knew there was an option like that in the filters, but I didn't know you could keep prevent an event from being recorded in the first place based on alarm frame count. This will be helpful since I use a separate script to send notifications instead of filters.