Lots of events with blue images when camera turned off

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Pete1

Lots of events with blue images when camera turned off

Post by Pete1 »

I have installed ZM 1.30.4 and added one wired camera. It works fine when the camera is powered, correctly capturing events when motion is present.

When I turned the camera off before the PC (it's not yet permanently installed - just testing it prior to that) I found that lots of events are recorded. Each event comprises exactly 26 frames with 1 alarm frame (but all the images are totally blue). The cause is "Signal" (rather than "Motion" when genuine motion is detected).

Having read other posts, blue images occur when the camera goes missing. I'm fine with one event occurring when the camera goes missing (would even be helpful in diagnosing network issues), but having turned the camera off in the next six minutes there were 20 alarm events at totally irregular intervals. There was no sign it was going to stop.

The camera configuration is:
Server: None
Source type: Ffmpeg
Function: Modect
Analysis, Maximum, Alarm Maximum FPS are all blank
Blend percentages are both 6.25%
Source is an RTSP feed
Remote method: TCP
Target colorspace: 24 bit colour
Width/Height: 1920/1080

The camera is an SV3C SV-B01POE-1080P.

Grateful for any advice on how to stop the continual capturing of events when the camera is turned off. Although it is intended that cameras are always permanently on, there is naturally the possibility that it goes faulty and stops sending its signal.
bbunge

Re: Lots of events with blue images when camera turned off

Post by bbunge »

Pretty sure that is the way Zoneminder works. I know that the log will fill up with errors when a camera is off but have not noticed events. Will give it a test!