Zoneminder install keeping me from updating or installing packages

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Mikeee404

Zoneminder install keeping me from updating or installing packages

Post by Mikeee404 »

I installed Zoneminder 1.30.4 on a fresh install of Debian 9, had a few issues with MySQL/MariaDB while completing the install but it ultimately worked. Zoneminder has been running for over a week without any issues and has had some very low system utilization on the PC it resides on so I decided to load the Ubiquiti Unifi controller software on the PC as well. When I went to verify that it already had default-jre and default-jdk packages installed is where everything has gone downhill. I ran apt-get install default-jre and it started installing the latest version of Java, but then after installing the required updates it finished with this message:

Code: Select all

Setting up zoneminder (2:1.30.4-dmo1+deb9u1) ...
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
dpkg: error processing package zoneminder (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 zoneminder
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Now I cannot move past this. If I run dpkg -i on the .deb package for the Unifi software I get this message at the end. I can't update any of the software on the install without this. Every attempt takes hours since it seems to run chown www-data:www-data -R /var/cache/zoneminder process on the recordings which amount to over 12 thousand. This happens even if this is tried while all zoneminder processes are stopped.

I believe this error came from a work around that had to be used to get phpmyadmin to allow user login after install. Is there a way to lock zoneminder out of the apt-get upgrade list or a possible fix that won't break phpmyadmin logins?