Creating a new Camera.pm

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
lselinger

Creating a new Camera.pm

Post by lselinger »

I can't seem to find the answer in the forum, on the Git hub site, or in the wiki (so I might be blind or searching for the wrong thing) Does anyone know if there's an official procedure for creating a ZoneMinder PM file for camera control? I have access to the commands I need and some existing Perl Modules have similar entries so I was going to start by pillaging existing however I need to redo some sections so I may as well create a new one when I can find the time.

Just wasn't sure if there was an official template to integrate with ZM or just possibly hack and slash an existing 1 or 2 and give credit to original authors etc.

:?:
bbunge

Re: Creating a new Camera.pm

Post by bbunge »

Did you find the Camera Control (http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/sta ... ntrol.html) in readthedocs? There is a section on control scripts. And it is OK to build on an existing script and share it with us. I certainly do and give credit when I use something that is not "general" information or procedure. Of course I have found other web sites that use my procedures verbatim and NEVER give me or other Zoneminder folks credit. That's open source and I'm in this to help others.
lselinger

Re: Creating a new Camera.pm

Post by lselinger »

bbunge wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:10 pm Did you find the Camera Control (http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/sta ... ntrol.html) in readthedocs? s.
*egg on face* Thanks bbunge I thought I'd searched well, it would appear not. I've created (bastardized) a Control Module to work with my Wanscam HW0045. I still have a few kinks to work out with diagonal movement. Hoping I can get a capture from the built in client to see how it does it. I've tried a couple of different methods and in theory they should work but all they do is track one direction rather than acting on both a left->up etc.