Control function error - Logitech Sphere

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
freeroute

Control function error - Logitech Sphere

Post by freeroute »

What shall I check on my setup? I am new at zoneminder...
Zoneminder Controll function function doesn' t work after a fresh install. (camera working, motion control not)

Webcamera: Logitech Sphere
Controll function installed according this thread: viewtopic.php?t=9788#p47632
Installation: Copy the above into a file called "Pwc.pm" and place it in /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Control or alternatively in the appropriate folder on your installation if it is different (the one containing Visca.pm, PelcoD.pm and so on).

After that:
1. Create the new "Control Type" in the web interface with a name of your choosing, specifying Type=Local, Protocol=Pwc and only "Can reset".
2. "Move" tab -> everything except "Continuous" (I might be wrong about this, please correct me if that's the case).
3. "Pan" tab -> Min Range: -7000, Max Range: 7000, Min Step: 200, Max Step: 200, Has Pan Speed, Min/Max Speed=1
4. "Tilt" tab -> Min Range: -2500, Max Range: 2500, Min Step: 100, Max Step: 100, Has Tilt Speed, Min/Max Speed=1
5. Leave the other tabs unconfigured.
6. Back in the "Monitor" setup, specify "Control Device = /sys/class/video4linux/videoX/pan_tilt " where X="your device number". Choose the new Control Type you've just created and leave the rest unconfigured.
7. You may need a zoneminder restart here just to be safe.
8. Enjoy!

Note step 6.: After installation, reboot, I have no pant_tilt file at /sys/class/video4linux/videoX/ directory.
Error message:
Control response was status = undefined
message = /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --panspeed=1 --panstep=200 --command=moveRelRight --id=2=>

Logfile message:
2017-11-06 12:24:54.087091 web_php 1958 ERR /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --panspeed=1 --panstep=200 --command=moveRelRight --id=3=> /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 2033
2017-11-06 12:24:54.034080 zmcontrol 2452 FAT Can't load ZoneMinder::Control::Pwc zmcontrol.pl

Thanks for your help.