Using NFS Share

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
mbz33

Using NFS Share

Post by mbz33 »

Hello,

I am very new to Linux and ZoneMinder so I'm hoping to get some guidance on this. I have setup a server with Ubuntu Server 16.04.3 LTS and installed ZoneMinder 1.30.4 the "Easy Way" on it. I have mounted a NFS share to my ZoneMinder server and would like to utilize that storage for images that will be recorded by my cameras.

What will I need to do to achieve this? I would assume I will need to move the ZoneMinder database to the NFS share and once moved modify the ZoneMinder configuration so it is aware the database is in a different location? Has this been done before? If so is there a write up on how to do this?

Any guidance is appreciated!
bbunge

Re: Using NFS Share

Post by bbunge »

See the WIKI for instructions to use systemd to mount the share. In the Ubuntu instruction area.
bigsub

Post by bigsub »

mbz33 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:10 am Hello,

I am very new to Linux and ZoneMinder so I'm hoping to get some guidance on this. I have setup a server with Ubuntu Server 16.04.3 LTS and installed ZoneMinder 1.30.4 the "Easy Way" on it. I have mounted a NFS share to my ZoneMinder server and would like to utilize that storage for images that will be recorded by my cameras.

What will I need to do to achieve this? I would assume I will need to move the ZoneMinder database to the NFS share and once moved modify the ZoneMinder configuration so it is aware the database is in a different location? Has this been done before? If so is there a write up on how to do this?

Any guidance is appreciated!
Hi, let you see here.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26597
mbz33

Post by mbz33 »

Thanks guys. The link below helped me out.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Using_a_ded ... Hard_Drive