Event duration is wrong, or videos are being cut off

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
rand

Event duration is wrong, or videos are being cut off

Post by rand »

When playing back events, I am finding a lot of them stop playing before they reach the end. As an example, I have event 5459 today. It's duration is listed as 21 seconds long. If I watch it, it only plays for about 10 seconds. After that, the progress bar doesn't move and I can't click on it to move the video passed 10 seconds. It has 172 frames, and I have limited my cameras to 15FPS. So at 172 frames that's about 11 seconds of video. Not the 21 seconds in the duration column. So either the duration column is wrong, or I am missing some video. How do I know which it is and what can I do about it?
bbunge

Re: Event duration is wrong, or videos are being cut off

Post by bbunge »

Linux distro and version please.
Instructions used to install Zoneminder.
Hardware info may help.
rand

Post by rand »

The latest debian. I used the instructions to install it in the wiki. It's running in a VM. It has 9 Axis P1435 HD IP cameras. I gave it 8 cores, 16gb of RAM and a dedicated 5TB hard drive.
rand

Post by rand »

No one has any idea? I tried to export the event to video. The video was only 10 seconds of video, but played back so slow it took 21 seconds to play.
rand

Post by rand »

Bump, because it is still doing it. What is wrong with Zoneminder?
elchavodel8

Post by elchavodel8 »

i have same problem , events list are in /zm/index.php?view=events&page=1 i click some event and only play few frames . How do i enable longer previews for events at /zm/index.php?view=events&page=1 ?
Thanks you
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Check your PATH_SWAP. Change it to /dev/shm for a start. If you are running in a VM make sure you have enough memory in tempfs for your cameras.
rand

Post by rand »

I think the problem is that the zmc process for the camera was often crashing during an event, causing the feed to be lost. After fixing a different problem in a different thread, it seems to have gone away. The solution, for anyone who might google this problem later:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26835