Connect ZM with Galaxy Note 5 Camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Rayg

Connect ZM with Galaxy Note 5 Camera

Post by Rayg »

Hi All,

I hope everyone doing well today

I need someone to help me with ZM and it is important to me to write a report for my graduation about ZM.

I am trying out ZM (v1.30.4) to work with mobile camera as security camera or IP camera (Android Galaxy Note5). I am running Ubuntu 17.04

I have installed “IP-Webcam” on my Galaxy Note5 (Android 7.0, Kernel version 3.10.61s). I have noticed that I can see the video
through the URL “http://192.168.x.x:xx/” but in ZM dashboard does not show up. I am trying different installation guides from YouTube and here in the blog but none one of them it works. So, please I hope I find a solution for that to finish my report early.

Thank you All
Last edited by Rayg on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
rockedge

Re: Connect ZM with Galaxy Note 5 Camera

Post by rockedge »

interesting subject to write about!
are you able to see any cameras in the ZM installation you have? what does the log report?
Rayg

Post by Rayg »

rockedge wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:34 pm interesting subject to write about!
are you able to see any cameras in the ZM installation you have? what does the log report?
Do you mean in ZM console ? .. if yes, there is no any cameras except my IP camera for my phone Note5, but it is not work
Also, How can I check ZM log report?
Last edited by Rayg on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rayg

Post by Rayg »

I am running Ubuntu 17.04 with ZM 1.30.4

in the attachment this is what happened after I made settings in ZM for my mobile camera
Attachments
ZM.png
ZM.png (97.89 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

most likely the configuration of the path to /cgi-bin/nph-zms is incorrect or does not match.
try this:
change Options->Paths->PATH_ZMS from /cgi-bin/nph-zms to
/zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms.
does it work? if not check the all the apache configs that deal with telling the server how to reach the /cgi-bin
Rayg

Post by Rayg »

rockedge wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:12 am most likely the configuration of the path to /cgi-bin/nph-zms is incorrect or does not match.
try this:
change Options->Paths->PATH_ZMS from /cgi-bin/nph-zms to
/zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms.
does it work? if not check the all the apache configs that deal with telling the server how to reach the /cgi-bin
Thank you for your response

After I changed the path I got now a blue screen. Also, I don't know how I can check the apache configs, it's my first time to use the package
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

now check that the camera resolution is correct!! the blue screen's usual cause is a mis-match of what the camera is actually producing as a resolution and what you have entered in the setup. Use VLC to open the camera and there check the actual values and then correct them in the ZM camera setup.

I think you are close to getting it working.
Rayg

Post by Rayg »

rockedge wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:33 pm now check that the camera resolution is correct!! the blue screen's usual cause is a mis-match of what the camera is actually producing as a resolution and what you have entered in the setup. Use VLC to open the camera and there check the actual values and then correct them in the ZM camera setup.

I really appreciate for your response
could you please provide me VLC link from the Andriod store and how does it works? because I have never used VLC before

Thanks
Rayg

Post by Rayg »

rockedge wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:33 pm now check that the camera resolution is correct!! the blue screen's usual cause is a mis-match of what the camera is actually producing as a resolution and what you have entered in the setup. Use VLC to open the camera and there check the actual values and then correct them in the ZM camera setup.

Thank you so so much, It works now after I changes the resolution
the problem was the resolution is mis-match with ZM as you said

It fixed, Done!

Thank you
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

your welcome. :D