Axis p1346

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
pscoclauco

Axis p1346

Post by pscoclauco »

After ZoneMinder installation follow the wiki in the website (debian 9.1) I try to monitor mi axis p1346.
The cam is set to remote, with rtsp address.
It works only with 1024x768 but when I try to increase the resolution some errors appened:
1) Can't stat '/tmp/zm': No such file or directory
2) Unable to validate swap image path, disabling buffered playback
3) Socket /var/run/zm/zms-968357s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.
4) getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-968357s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors().

Can someone help me please?
jbg70

Re: Axis p1346

Post by jbg70 »

For this camera I used the following settings:
Source type = Ffmpeg
Source Path = rtsp://$camera_ipaddress/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=$Widthx$Height
Remote Method = TCP
Target colorspace=32bit color
Capture Width = $Width
Capture Height= $Height

$Width and $Height are the resolution parameter in pixel you want to see. Be sure are the same set in the Source path URL.

In the camera settings webpage, set the capture mode to fit your needs. It has 3 modes: 3MP 4:3 @20FPS, HDTV 1080p 16:9 @30FPS and 2MP 1600x1200 4:3 @30FPS. Using the correct settings will impact on the area you can see, even if you set in ZM a different resolution.
bbunge

Re: Axis p1346

Post by bbunge »

Just noticed the /tmp/zm issue on Debian 9.

A fix is to change PATH_SWAP to /dev/shm

This is also a slight speed boost as it is faster to use RAM for caching than rust on a platter (that is a hard drive).