Can't create frame images from video becuase there is no video file for this event

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
jkwan

Can't create frame images from video becuase there is no video file for this event

Post by jkwan »

Hi,
I have installed ZM on a freshly new Debian 9 following these instructions :
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_9_64 ... e_Easy_Way

ZM is working perfectly. But I have some issues with the thumbnails... They are not displayed in the events list or in the timeline.
I have checked the Log.
There are several message like this one

Code: Select all

2017-10-05 17:02:19.196466	web_php		3635	ERR	Can't create frame images from video becuase there is no video file for this event (	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php	227
an this one

Code: Select all

2017-10-05 16:55:57.283737	web_php		3128	ERR	Capture file does not exist at events/1/17/10/05/09/45/07/00037-capture.jpg	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php	234
And the file does not really exists. The folder path stopped at events/1/17/10/05/09/ and there are others folders (24, 25, 26, 38 ,39, 41, 46, 50, 51) in it but no 45 folder.

Do you have any ideas to fix my porblem please ?
bbunge

Re: Can't create frame images from video becuase there is no video file for this event

Post by bbunge »

Switch to Ubuntu. Too many issues with Debian 9 and I have not had time to run an install test.
rockedge

Re: Can't create frame images from video becuase there is no video file for this event

Post by rockedge »

I have run many tests as of late using the Debian 9 / ZM combo.....there is always something that does not work correctly. Latest tests using a minimal DebianDog OS everything in ZM seems to work except the Frames image viewer. Or then the Time Line does not work but will other times..

All the tests so far with Ubuntu based distros (Puppy Linux Tahr and Xenial) and Ubuntu itself there are very few glitches with 1.30.4 if any.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Just installed ZM 1.30.4 on Debian 9.1.0 for the third time today. And discovered another package missing, php7.0-gd. Add this and the thumbnails work!

apt install php7.0-gd

Restart Apache: service apache2 restart

So, now thumbnails work and the API reports on correctly. I currently do not have a camera to test libvlc and the version of zmNinja on my Android tablet does not show video stream but everything else seems to work well! Updated the WIKI install procedure:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_9_64 ... e_Easy_Way
jkwan

Post by jkwan »

OK.
Guys I have found a weird issue.
I have change my timezone by doing "dpkg-reconfigure tzdata" and I am facing this issue.
When I rollback to UTC, the previews are displaying in timeline and I have no message about the files not found.
jkwan

Post by jkwan »

PS: I have also tried an installation with Ubuntu, I have the same weird issue. It seems that zoneminder does not like different timezone
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

jkwan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:16 pm OK.
Guys I have found a weird issue.
I have change my timezone by doing "dpkg-reconfigure tzdata" and I am facing this issue.
When I rollback to UTC, the previews are displaying in timeline and I have no message about the files not found.
Did you also change the timezone in the php.ini as cited in the WIKI instructions?
jkwan

Post by jkwan »

Yes. I have change the php.ini file.
The issue only occure after a dpkg-reconfigure tzdata.
Setting back the timezone to UTC at this step fix the issue.