[Resolved] Issue changing the apache user/group

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
knight-of-ni

Re: Issue changing the apache user/group

Post by knight-of-ni »

Excellent. Glad you got it working.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
Spart

Re: Issue changing the apache user/group

Post by Spart »

Thanks for all the help!
Spart

Re: [Resolved] Issue changing the apache user/group

Post by Spart »

One quick addendum to this:

The FreePBX instructions do not mention this directory and it's easy to overlook, but necessary for authentication to work with ZM.

Whenever I enabled authentication (by enabling OPT_USE_AUTH in the options) I could not log in.

I enabled debugging and I was getting these PHP warnings which were being suppressed without debugging on:

Code: Select all

Warning: session_start(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_rle6amfkmh8tpr5slqv8bltc25, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php on line 128

Warning: session_write_close(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_rle6amfkmh8tpr5slqv8bltc25, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php on line 193

Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php on line 193
The ownership on /var/lib/php/session was "root:apache" and it needs to be "root:asterisk"

"chown -R root:asterisk /var/lib/php/session" fixed this.