multi server, misc errors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
marcopete87

multi server, misc errors

Post by marcopete87 »

Hi all, i'm expanding my home multiserver configuration (both ubuntu with 1.30.4 zm version), but i'm getting strange errors.
- when i change server on any monitor, both new and old server record for the same monitor (i have to restart zoneminder on old server to stop it recording)
- when i try to connect from internet (one of) my server, i can't see anything, but zoneminder log this

Code: Select all

2017-09-25 09:13:43.994799	web_php		18328	WAR	http://[my public ip]:[tcp port used] is not found in servers list.	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php	108

did i missed something in configuration?
My step were:
1) install SAME VERSION of ZM in every machine
2) configure zm.conf to point shared sql server
3) define every machine name on zm.conf
4) define servers on options.
5) assign server foreach monitor.
fujay

Re: multi server, misc errors

Post by fujay »

marcopete87 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:14 am - when i change server on any monitor, both new and old server record for the same monitor (i have to restart zoneminder on old server to stop it recording)
I've found that if I make a change using the ZM console on a server different than the one handling the camera, the processes don't get restarted, and if I just change the server for a camera, it might or might not happen in fact. Basically, changing things that affect the running processes needs to be done from the server currently handling the camera.

Moving a camera from one server to another seems to be best done by changing it to "None" on the server where it's currently assigned, then log into the server you're moving it to, change the assignment, and then change the function to Monitor, Modect, etc...
marcopete87

Post by marcopete87 »

fujay, both servers (now, three, one experimental) share same DB and SMB event folders, so i don't need change configuration in both servers.
However, thank you!
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

The remote server restart stuff uses the API so if the API isn't working then yes it becomes more of a manual thing. Perhaps I will make the capture process do a periodic update to see if it should still be running.
marcopete87

Post by marcopete87 »

ok, thank you iconnor!

p.s. for second issue, may i have to create an proxy for access zoneminder from outside my lan?