Montage Review only works with user admin

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Alec

Montage Review only works with user admin

Post by Alec »

If logged in as a user other than the default admin account, I get the following error:

SQL-ERR 'SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND Id IN (1,2) order by Sequence asc' at line 1', statement was 'select * from Monitors AND Id IN (1,2) order by Sequence asc '

When logged in as admin, there is no error.

Can someone help me correct or further diagnose this problem?

Thanks,

Alec
DFU
bbunge

Re: Montage Review only works with user admin

Post by bbunge »

Did you make the change to the my.cnf?
Alec

Post by Alec »

Thank you for looking at this.

I added:
  • sql_mode = NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
to my.cnf.

To reiterate: Montage review works, so long as I log in as the admin account; other accounts, with the same permissions as admin, return the error . . .

Thanks,
Alec
DFU
Alec

Post by Alec »

When I added the users, the "Restricted Monitors" field automatically? populated. On this test system, I only have two monitors: 1 & 2. These populated the MonitorIds field in the Users table in the zm database . . . and were then being passed and causing an error (hence the AND Id IN (1,2)) when trying to open Montage Review.

For my current purposes, setting those fields to null in mysql solved the problem. However, I cannot find any documentation describing how to set those to null in the Options/User page. I also do not understand why this was breaking Montage Review to begin with.
DFU
jogo

Post by jogo »

Your problem may be related to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26421&p=101785#p101785