Daily upload events to FTP folder with relevant date

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
jhm01

Daily upload events to FTP folder with relevant date

Post by jhm01 »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and first of all I would like to say that ZM is a great piece of software! I have been working to make the modetect work and thanks to all the info on the Wiki / Manuals / How-to's I have it working quite well!

I have installed ZM v1.30.4. on an Odroid XU4 with Ubuntu running on it. I have followed the tutorials for Ubuntu server to make it work and it works flawlessly. However, due to the limited capacity of the Odroid XU4 and the presence of a NAS i want to transfer the events daily via FTP to it. I have created a daily filter to transfer all events to the NAS, however it is transferring it as <CAMNAME-EVENTNO>.tar to the NAS that contains all the jpeg stills of an event. I was wondering if it is possible to let the filter create: a) a foldername that contains the date of upload and b) a subfolder per event. Moreover I was wondering if it is also possible to create streaming files instead of the jpegs in uploading process. I have ffmpeg running and it is possible to create and download an event as an AVI or MPEG.

Hopefully my questions are clear and someone knows an answer to them. Thanks!
rockedge

Re: Daily upload events to FTP folder with relevant date

Post by rockedge »

there is a a filter function that will convert the event to a video and upload that via ftp. I believe one must select OPT_FFMPEG to ON. Here Options->Images>OPT_FFMPEG. Once selected, in the Filters window the option will appear to create videos in whatever format.
Also in Options->Upload->OPT_UPLOAD select to ON. This will add the upload via ftp option in the filter window.
jhm01

Post by jhm01 »

Thank you for the answer. The filter does only create video's on the server where zoneminder is running on. When uploading the archive folders are created with folders that contain the stills. Does someone know how my question can be solved?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

would the export functions be of use?
jannnfe

Post by jannnfe »

Is there a new solution for this problem. Like to upload video too instead of zip files?