PTZ Control for LTS Security Cameras

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Nerumph

PTZ Control for LTS Security Cameras

Post by Nerumph »

Hello all, Nerumph here!

We have been working on a pretty extensive CCTV networking here, so far consisting of a Dell r510 server and around 12 cameras. Of those 12 cameras, we currently have 2 Ptzip512x20ir PTZ cameras from LTS security. Now according to our equipment dealer, these cameras use an adapted Hikvision control and management system. However, upon attempting to implement the Hikvision PTZ control script, we fail to see any change in position, and eventually receive error messages of various degrees.

I would like to know where the best place to start in diagnosing these issues would be? Maybe a good resource to find more information on LTS' PTZ implementations, or a way to reverse engineer the PTZ control easily from the camera itself? Anyone that would be willing to help through this process would be much appreciated!
alabamatoy

Re: PTZ Control for LTS Security Cameras

Post by alabamatoy »

I am unable to locate any API or interface documentation for these cameras. I would start chasing this by getting whatever control app the vendor offers and get it working, then install wireshark and start looking at the commo between the app and the camera. E.G you may be able to reverse engineer what the "zoom in" or "pan left" control signals are based upon the captured traffic. You may have to tweak the camera settings to turn off HTTPS in order to see the calls and responses.

Also, the Hikvision control script may require some internal adjustments to enter a login/password or something that may be causing it to fail. You can look at these scripts and see the code, perhaps insert some debug writes to help.
Nerumph

Post by Nerumph »

Well I have found this an absolute nightmare to try and indulge in. From failed filtering issues in Wireshark to pretty much finding myself swimming in code that looks like Spanish to me. Is there anyone here willing to PM and help out with finding some resolutions to any of this stuff?
Pedulla

Post by Pedulla »

After following the instructions here for Hikvision,viewtopic.php?t=25442
I had to remove the port "88" from the Control Path field. Then it all started working.
It takes some time to tweak the control setting to make the camera usable and not lurchy.. You might be better off getting the manufacturer's joystick control.