Options and Cropping Video

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
theonlytalkinggoat

Options and Cropping Video

Post by theonlytalkinggoat »

First, sorry for the double post, but I didn't get any response in the other subforum's thread. I tried to delete my own post, but don't have rights.

I have a camera that I bought a fisheye lens for, but I need to crop some of the edges, due to distortion. I am supposed to be able to do this by sending ffmpeg the -filter:v "crop=x:y" option or -filter:v "crop=x:y:h:l". I tried putting it into the options box, with the dash, without the dash, with double quotes, single quotes and no quotes. Nothing seems to pass it the option. This is supposed to be an output option, but I don't know if ZM applies this, or not, to either the live stream or the final files. Does anyone know how to pass this option to ffmpeg or if this is even the place to put it?

Ubuntu 16.04
ZM 1.30.2
mikb

Re: Options and Cropping Video

Post by mikb »

FFMPEG_OPTIONS: I think it's only applicable to the final files when you "create video from event", so you won't see this until you start archiving out videos.
Maybe there [is/should be] a second FFMPEG options line for FFMPEG "on the way in", for this kind of usage case :)