rtsp source not found

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Undutchable

rtsp source not found

Post by Undutchable »

fresh install of Zoneminder 1.30.4 in Unraid
read a lot, search more, pulled out all of my hair, so here I am with my question.

I've a Foscam FI9853EP, works great in web-app, works great in VLC as network-stream: rtsp://user1:passwd1@192.168.10.32:88/videoMain

But whatever I do in ZM (unRaid) it keeps saying "rtsp source not found" (see
zm-log.txt
(19.8 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
)
this is my camera setting
general.jpg
general.jpg (110.86 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
source.jpg
source.jpg (120.82 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
I've restarted the camera + unraid server
I've reinstalled the ZM doocker
I've restarted the docker
I've cleaned up the docker files folders

Please who can help me?
Undutchable

Re: rtsp source not found

Post by Undutchable »

fyi, the VLC screen dump
VLC.jpg
VLC.jpg (289.8 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Use ffmpeg and the same string you used in VLC. Make sure you use the video resolution VLC reports and do not assume to use what the camera specs say!
Undutchable

Post by Undutchable »

bbunge wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:30 pm Use ffmpeg and the same string you used in VLC. Make sure you use the video resolution VLC reports and do not assume to use what the camera specs say!
Hi Bbunge,

I did as what you've suggested, and voila an image. THANK YOU

Still strange that it didn't work with remote as it did before.

But for now; I'm a happy dude
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

bbunge: side question concerning sizes:

I'm working a different "no video" problem in a different thread, and I saw your comment, and tried changing my monitor from the ... and the piece of paper the VNC size was written on which has been next to my desk all week has walked away.

Anyways: set to the 2560x1366 or so that the pulldown menu in the Camera UI said, I was getting 20fps as configured on both ends.

When I reset the monitor to the 2560x1320 or so that VLC told me was real... the frame rate dropped to 9.something and floated there or lower.

Switching back to the size specified in the camera UI, right back to 20fps. No video either way.

Any thoughts on that? Or is it immaterial until I have working video in a monitor, one way or the other.

Camera is a TrendNet ip-314pi 1.0; I gather that's a Hikvision, but that model has no page on the wiki. rtsp url, ffmpeg mode in the monitor settings.