New Install Socket error

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
faspina

New Install Socket error

Post by faspina »

here is what I am getting:
Socket does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.

But I don't know what symptoms this is causing. I only have one camera
I can view the monitor
I can record all though playback is slow
I have not played with motion section yet. Very much yet but when I did I got result I expected.

Running Ubuntu 16.10 and 1.30.2 of ZM. My cgi path in option is /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms
/zm/cgi-bin also matches the zoneminder conf file in apache (unless there is another place I don't know about )

Load: 0.5 - Disk: 11% - /dev/shm: 2%

Load info is very low as you can see.

I am very new to ZM and have browsed the forums but can't seem to get a handle on this error that seems to be causing alerts in my install.
faspina

Re: New Install Socket error

Post by faspina »

I deleted my monitor and I still get this error, so obviously mysetup is not right. Any ideas?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Review these instructions:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way

Yes, they work for Ubuntu 16.10
faspina

Post by faspina »

Just finished a clean install on a new 16.10 systems (not a vm) , I have not added a monitor and I am getting those errors.

Socket does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.

getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()

Bogus number of lines return from query, 0 returned for query select Id, Name, ServerId, Type, Function+0, Enabled, LinkedMonitors, Device, Channel, Format, V4LMultiBuffer, V4LCapturesPerFrame, Protocol, Method, Host, Port, Path, Options, User, Pass, Width, Height, Colours, Palette, Orientation+0, Deinterlacing, RTSPDescribe, Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Colour, EventPrefix, LabelFormat, LabelX, LabelY, LabelSize, ImageBufferCount, WarmupCount, PreEventCount, PostEventCount, StreamReplayBuffer, AlarmFrameCount, SectionLength, FrameSkip, MotionFrameSkip, AnalysisFPS, AnalysisUpdateDelay, MaxFPS, AlarmMaxFPS, FPSReportInterval, RefBlendPerc, AlarmRefBlendPerc, TrackMotion, SignalCheckColour, Exif from Monitors where Id = 1.

Can't use query result:
faspina

Post by faspina »

Now I am back to where I was before. Have a camera working in monitor mode, I don't think motion detection is working. I beleive it can record. I am not sure what the symtoms or cause of this is.

This is the only error I see currently and it was there before I added the camera
hud

Post by hud »

I have the same problem. What camera/settings you using?
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26099
faspina

Post by faspina »

I am using FFMPEG with a Amcrest IP2M-842E

Remote method set to TCP
I had to go into option >> Images and make sure OPT_FFMPEG was turned on I also put in PATH_FFMPEG = /usr/bin/ffmpeg just to make sure.

I can get it to stream and record and with MODECT turned on I occasionally get motion detection recording, although don't think its working right, that could just be me not setting it up correct or tuning it.

Here is path to the camera.
rtsp://admin:XXXXXX@192.168.7.XX:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

--

I also tried it with REMOTE settings and breaking the URL in to pieces. with the host having the authentication part, port is 554 and the path .
While I got video stream with that , my log had a bunch of errors on decoding some of the frames, maybe it was key frames or somethings but I was till getting the above errors.

I am new to ZM so I am not even sure if these errors are having any impact on functionality and I have not really had time to tune MODECT to see if its will be an issues. But seeing it the logs bugs me.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Is your Ubuntu a desktop install or server (no gui)? If a desktop did you install LAMP from tasksel?

What did you use for install instructions?

Here is a page for Amcrest: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Amcrest

You have to have the video resolution exact in Zoneminder. Use VLC to see what the resolution is reported as.

If you are getting socket sendto errors they are not fatal but a result of a browser issue.
faspina

Post by faspina »

Ubuntu 16.10 server.., no GUI , watching video on iPad and Firefox . I also have home assistant hooked into zoneminder
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Use these install instructions for Ubuntu 16.10. There are steps in the Read the docs instructions that are not current/needed.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way
faspina

Post by faspina »

My Home assistant was causing the error, not sure why, I will fool around with it tomorrow. It's all good now.