Camera Streaming Not working

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
rockedge

Re: Camera Streaming Not working

Post by rockedge »

Are these USB webcams or network cameras? In your log it appears your calling these as remote cameras?

see if you can bring it back to the bluescreen with the time stamp.
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

they are webcams plugged into my ubuntu server with zoneminder installed on that pc ... i do have both as blue screens it seems but like i said only when copying link address and removing zm from begining

Heres some logs i dunno if u can see it shows streaming then seems a burp happens every once in awhile :
Attachments
zm-log.txt
(46.15 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
linuxnutt

Post by linuxnutt »

So I was really surprise to see this discussion getting more attention, went from 4 yesterday last I looked to 14 now.

Rockedge, To answer your question ( Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:20 am) as it applies to me, "What Url .... "this is what is so maddening and disappointment, the url that I have in the Source panel is the same one that I use on three other ZM instillations and they all worked correctly. When I just paste this url in firefox it just works beautifully, " http://192.168.5.97/videostream.cgi?use ... esolution= 8 => 320x240 32 => 640x480 ". So to recap, I still have no streaming video when I click on the monitor in my case its "Mn6_Backdoor" its just a white screen, but I'm getting detection alarms when I click on the alarm/events I see no video. I have stills and if I click on the still I see the individual images making up what would be the video.

From all the reading I been doing ( and there has been a lot since April 24th) it should be fixed with the info here, "Why can’t I see streamed images when I can see stills in the Zone window etc?" - Again this is the info I first posted when I started this thread. See above. These are the same issues that Lilmissndemon is having.
But Here are the particulars of my setup.
Monitor6-SourceSettings.png
Monitor6-SourceSettings.png (43.23 KiB) Viewed 8607 times
Shows Source settings
Mn6Monitor_NoVideoStreeming_butALARMS.png
Mn6Monitor_NoVideoStreeming_butALARMS.png (21.17 KiB) Viewed 8607 times
Shows Monitor 6 with no streaming video but shows the alerts..
Event886_WithStills_NoVideo.png
Event886_WithStills_NoVideo.png (286 KiB) Viewed 8607 times
Shows Monitor 6 with 3/51 stills (frames) that would make up the video.

Lilmissndemon - Sorry you are having the same issues ? Here are a couple of things to check.
Is your setup recording alerts/alarms? and do you see no video, but can see stilsl like those I've outlined above?
Your setup for "/etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf, ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin" and options for PATH_ZMS /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms are correct.
What kind of camera are you using with ZM? Perhaps if I know the type of camera I can review your setup since at one point you were having blue screen issues, and this is usually a camera configuration issue.
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

Im using 2 usb webcams logitech webcam c600 and microsoft lifecam vx-1000 ...ty for any help u may add.... and sorry to hijack yer post just seemed we had same issues but i feel im so close lol

i have checked all my paths both in console and apache and i cant see a deviation yet i get all these weird conflicts i.e extra zm at beginning of link in zm and blue screens when i successfully open in another window

i also only recieve green links when i use ffmpeg not local(local shows red )
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

@linuxnutt
can you try this change in the camera setup?

Remote Host Name -> admin:1qaz2wsx@192.168.5.97
Remote Host Path -> /videostream.cgi

@lilmissndemon, unplug the cameras and plug back in. use the settings for "Local" and double check that the same user zoneminder and Apache run under, also owns the /dev/video0 and /dev/video1. Even if they show up red what is the error then?
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

@rockedge i tried to set like u suggested came back red also checked logs and it shows its capturing .....tried to open the broken link and now its just a white page....how do i check under both to see who has permissions under apache and zm? Thanx again for all your help
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

@lilmissndemon It seems like you have a problem in the config for setting up the alias for /cgi-bin. Find using a file search where actually the /cgi-bin containing the files zms and nph-zms are. Make sure the ScriptAlias in your config for Apache matches the true location and in ZM the path also matches exactly. You can see images in the Zones editor? JPG's are being produced? So the cameras are connecting. I just had my local cam go red during a setup bu I can't remember what it was. To check ownership / permissions:

Code: Select all

ls -l /dev/video0
ls -l /dev/video1
still not sure where the extra /ZM comes from??? Have you considered a fresh install of ZM?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

found this reminder :
After you have setup your camera make sure you can view Monitor streams, if not check some of the common causes:

Check Apache cgi module is enabled.

Check Apache /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf ScriptAlias matches PATH_ZMS.

ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin /usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin

From console go to Options->Path and make sure PATH_ZMS is set to /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms.
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

@rockedge ok if i was to uninstall/reinstall it how would i do it? Really new to ubuntu server and id really like this to work seems like im just missing one thing and trust me ive followed all the guides and checked and rechecked everything to find the anomaly but having no luck at all

One thing i just noticed in /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf

Remember to enable cgi mod (i.e. "a2enmod cgi").
ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin"
<Directory "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin">
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>
Alias /zm /usr/share/zoneminder/www
<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www>
Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>
</Directory>
<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api>
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

where it says script alias its in qoutes is that an issue?

if that isnt it maybe i should uninstall apache and zm and install with the shell script on the wiki and mariadb? would that be a better option for me?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

look in this file for another ScriptAlias
/etc/apache2/config-avialable/serve-cgi-bin.conf and is this config also active?
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

rockedge wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:23 pm look in this file for another ScriptAlias
/etc/apache2/config-avialable/serve-cgi-bin.conf and is this config also active?
no from what i see its empty but i guess its active if i opened it lol
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I am looking for conflicting config files or something to explain the extra /zm in the URL. Can you use the Probe command to see the local cams? Just checking..is the zoneminder.conf symlinked in /etc/apache2/config-enabled ?
lilmissndemon

Post by lilmissndemon »

rockedge wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:55 pm I am looking for conflicting config files or something to explain the extra /zm in the URL. Can you use the Probe command to see the local cams? Just checking..is the zoneminder.conf symlinked in /etc/apache2/config-enabled ?
Ok the probe command finds em and when i do that i just get a white screen when i open in another window..as far as symlinked i honestly am not sure what that means or where to find it lol

would it be better if i just tried the shell script and uninstalled?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

open /etc/apache2/config-enabled, is there anything in there resembling zoneminder.conf? If not....copy zoneminder.conf to there and restart Apache. If there is already a zoneminder.conf and/or this still does not work then go ahead and uninstall. Then try a new fresh install using the correct version of install instructions for Ubuntu. Lets see if that straightens ZM out!
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

@ linuxnutt here is something that might be related to your circumstances ???
viewtopic.php?p=100232#p100232