No Picture in zoneminder

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
snoah777

No Picture in zoneminder

Post by snoah777 »

Hi,

i am using Ubuntu as OS(16.04) and a ip camera(digitus optidome). the camera is detected as ovif cam and everything seems ok(url, caption res). the url can I use in VLC and I see the pictures.
But in zoneminder I see only a blank windows.
Can anybody help me?
Steve62

Re: No Picture in zoneminder

Post by Steve62 »

Hi snoah777

Did you try using the option in the ZM Console - Add Monitor and at the top right of that screen, select the ONVIF option to search for your camera?

Did you also check that you have the path set correctly in /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf
in the line that says:- ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin /usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin to make sure the /zm is included?

Did you also check the Path in ZM Console - Options - Paths and make sure PATH_ZMS is set to /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms.

That's all I had to do to fix the blank screen issues.

But I'm no experts just a new users trying to help..

Cheers

Steve
snoah777

Post by snoah777 »

Hi,

i have used the ONVIF detect function.

I will check These Things. thank you.
snoah777

Post by snoah777 »

I have checked everything and it is all OK like you described it.

I see only a blank window :/

I have looked in the logs and see these messages:

Digitus: 668000 - Capturing at 1000.00 fps -> these message 6-7 times
ERR Unable to open input rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.178.80:8554/11 due to: Operation now in progress zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp -> and these message 1 time

and it is repeating. the first message 6-7 times and the second message one time
snoah777

Post by snoah777 »

Now i get these messages in the log:

ERR getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=watch

ERR Socket does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php

INF Digitus: 12000 - Capturing at 12.99 fps zm_monitor.cpp

ERR getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=watch
2017-04-26 13:46:06.590956 web_php
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I have reviewed the OptiDome user manual and could not find anything helpful.

You said that it works in VLC. So, in Zoneminder use Source ffmpeg and enter the string you used in VLC/Network Stream in Zoneminder Source Path.

VLC will show the resolution of the camera in Tools/Media Information/Codec/Display Resolution. Use what is shown or reduce that value by half. For example my camera can do 1280X720, 640x360, 320x180

Use 32 bit colour.

The other thing is that you need to have plenty of memory to use higher resolutions. the /dev/shm value in the upper right of the Zoneminder console will show the amount of tmpfs used.