Separate Servers, one console

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
librarymark

Separate Servers, one console

Post by librarymark »

Hi -

I know you can use the newest ZM to control more than one server from one spot, by unifying their DB's and storage. Pretty cool stuff.

Can you view cameras from separate servers in one web console and not unify them? We have two servers in different buildings but would like to view the cameras from one spot. Unifying their storage would be impossible.

Is there a way?

Thanks!
rockedge

Re: Separate Servers, one console

Post by rockedge »

yes you can. Stream ZM to another ZM, open a monitor from the zm server that will be the camera feeds ,
right click the stream image and copy the location URL of the stream and use it to set up a stream in the main ZM console.
example url ->

Code: Select all

http://zm.server.hostname/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&scale=100&maxfps=5&buffer=1000&monitor=2&user=admin
in the main ZM create a monitor with the Source Type set as "Remote"
in the source tab

Remote Host Path = /cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&scale=100&maxfps=5&buffer=1000&monitor=1
librarymark

Post by librarymark »

Thanks for the reply!

When I do that, all I get is a blue screen where the camera feed should be, and line after line of this:

2017-03-22 07:44:03.70317   zmc_m2	 31187 ERR Unable to get response, disconnecting zm_remote_camera_http.cpp	1141
2017-03-22 07:44:03.702076 zmc_m2  31187 ERR Unable to read header zm_remote_camera_http.cpp	628
on the system log.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Try these settings being streamed from a ZoneMinder 1.30.0 system.
the URL is

/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&scale=100&maxfps=5&buffer=1000&monitor=1&user=admin
notice the user=admin. What type of authorization do you have set? this is what is set on the ZM server I want to stream FROM:
(and works)

If OPT_USE_AUTH is not checked then the URL would be

/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&scale=100&maxfps=5&buffer=1000&monitor=1
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You don't need to stream one to other like that.

You have 1 db, and some kind of unified storage, using nfs, or whatever.

Either zm server will list all monitors and will show the feeds from both servers (live feeds will actually hit the remote server).

In my storageareas branch, each machine can have local storage, which is should export to other, but the point is that writing will be local.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I don't have the hardware for unified storage to have the servers share a db. So this is a very poor man's way of doing this when the ZM servers are many miles apart. Otherwise I would not spend the many hours pounding ZM into a very lightweight operating system so the whole thing runs in 400 megs of ram on machines that are 10+ years old. Bringing ZM to the common man...giving us the same advantage as any of the big boys have.