x265-libs conflict

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
duffrecords

x265-libs conflict

Post by duffrecords »

I read the post about zmrepo now using ffmpeg from rpmfusion. However, I have a conflict between scrpms and zmrepo over the x265-libs package. Would it solve the problem I if created a new package, using fpm, that provided both shared objects--lib265.so.110 from scrpms and lib265.so.79 from zmrepo? Or would I be better off building ZoneMinder without the H.265 support? None of my cameras use it.

Code: Select all

--> Running transaction check
---> Package ffmpeg-libs.x86_64 0:2.8.11-1.el7 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: libx265.so.79()(64bit) for package: ffmpeg-libs-2.8.11-1.el7.x86_64
---> Package vo-amrwbenc.x86_64 0:0.1.3-1.el7 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: ffmpeg-libs-2.8.11-1.el7.x86_64 (zmrepo)
           Requires: libx265.so.79()(64bit)
           Available: x265-libs-1.9-3.el7.x86_64 (zmrepo)
               libx265.so.79()(64bit)
           Installed: x265-libs-2.3-1.el7.x86_64 (@scrpms)
              ~libx265.so.110()(64bit)
           Available: x265-libs-1.8-1.el7.centos.x86_64 (zmrepo)
              ~libx265.so.68()(64bit)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
This is Zoneminder 1.30 on CentOS 7.
duffrecords

Re: x265-libs conflict

Post by duffrecords »

I worked around the problem by rebuilding vlc-core against the devel- versions of ffmpeg, libmad, live, twolame, x264, and x265 that were already installed from the scrpms repo and installing the new RPM. After that, all the dependencies were satisfied. I know it's bad to mix these repositories but it's the only way I've been able to run both MythTV 0.28 and ZoneMinder 1.30 on the same CentOS 7 machine. The services both use utilities like ffmpeg and vlc but those are built against specific versions of codecs. I wish there was an easier way to ensure compatibility.
MasterC

Post by MasterC »

Hi!

Can you expand on the details of how you were able to rebuild VLC against those packages?

Thanks!
-Chad
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

After literally 7 months of working directly with the Fedora and RPMFusion repos, I am happy to report that as of a few days ago, ZoneMinder and all its many dependencies are now in official repositories.

See:
https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4393

I just build ZoneMinder on rpmfusion two days ago, and it will be another week before they show up in testing. Once in testing, it will be at least another 2 before they are pushed into production.

I will make an official announcement here in the forums once the packages are in production.

I'm mentioning this now, because this change in repository offers a solution to the packaging conflict described here. If you get both ZoneMinder and MythTV from RPMFusion, then you will not run into any packaging conflicts with ffmpeg or its dependencies, such as x265, because both ZoneMinder and MythTV are built against the same version of ffmpeg.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
duffrecords

Post by duffrecords »

MasterC, I wouldn't recommend my method unless you enjoy breaking things before you fix them. Currently, in order to upgrade, I have to do these steps:
  1. uninstall both MythTV and ZoneMinder as well as their dependencies, to avoid conflicts in the next steps
  2. set up an RPM building environment
  3. download the vlc source RPM from the zmrepo repository
  4. install the SRPM in the build environment as a non-privileged user
  5. try to build it (it will probably fail because of missing dependencies)
  6. install most of the dependencies with zmrepo disabled (but enable it to get live555-devel)
  7. once you have all the -devel packages, build vlc-core
  8. install the new vlc-core RPM as root (optionally host it in your own repo, which is what I do)
  9. install MythTV
  10. install ZoneMinder
You may have to try some variations of the above to shoehorn in all the dependencies. I'd recommend waiting until everything's available in RPMFusion as knnniggett says. It's the kind of project where you have to set aside some time when you're OK with your cameras and DVR being offline.