Preclusive on one camera applied to a second?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Avro125

Preclusive on one camera applied to a second?

Post by Avro125 »

I know it's possible to have one zone on a camera trigger recording on a second camera. I use this feature and it's great.

Is it possible to have a preclusive zone on a particular monitor prevent recording on a different monitor? I have HOURS of recordings of snow flurries lit up by the IR LEDs on the cameras. I've tweaked one camera such that it eliminates 80% of the snow issues, but still records the 'real' motion. Can I use the preclusive zone from that camera to stop a second camera from recording?

The second camera doesn't have the 'space' to create a preclusive zone, as nearly everything it sees may be valid motion. The first camera has a row of hedges in its FOV where the chances of legitimate motion are nearly nonexistent.

Just curious.

Thanks,

Bill
rockedge

Re: Preclusive on one camera applied to a second?

Post by rockedge »

Interesting scenario. Is it possible to only let cam 2 record in the case if cam 1 allows it based on which zone? Maybe a filter after the false event caused by the snow that decides based on if cam 1 is detecting real motion. I switched over to remote wireless X10 motion detectors that use zmTrigger.pl to start event recordings. I eliminated most false events caused by light change, wind and snow motion and works in total darkness.
Avro125

Re: Preclusive on one camera applied to a second?

Post by Avro125 »

Hmmm... A well-tailored filter might clean things up post-event. I'll have to explore that a little more. I have a series of filters that gradually delete the low count alarm frame events over a couple of weeks. This works, however doesn't help when reviewing the previous day's recordings.

This isn't a 'huge' problem, just more of an annoyance. Some nights there are hundreds of short events because of snow flurries. I've even turned off the IR LEDs on one of my cameras because it was nearly constant-record when there was any night time precipitation. There's sufficient illumination for that particular cam's area of coverage that the IR LEDs weren't really necessary.

If I was using more cameras - and therefore the snow was a bigger problem - I'd consider a 'weather' cam that specifically looked for snow. I think Linux can determine if it's day or night natively through lat/long. So, night time, winter and lots of activity on the weather cam would mean decreased sensitivity for the other cameras.