No highlighting in Mocord

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
esprit1st

No highlighting in Mocord

Post by esprit1st »

Hi guys,

I am trying to get an understanding on how and when my cameras trigger an alarm. To investigate I would like to see the highlighted areas, so I set the camera to Mocord, but it is only recording. There is no highlighting. No errors in the logs.

Any ideas? As far as I can tell, everything else works just fine!?

Thanks!
Esprit

[Edit] running on latest 1.30.0
esprit1st

Re: No highlighting in Mocord

Post by esprit1st »

I found out about the CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES setting. It's turned on, but I don't get any highlighting at all. I guess it should have been highlighting all my other cameras, but there is nothing highlighted. Any thoughts on that are welcome.

Thanks
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Please see the documentation on defining zones:
http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/sta ... ezone.html

In particular you need to turn on Blob detection, so read that section, but the whole chapter applies to what you are doing because you also need to understand how to configure a zone so zoneminder highlights things of interest rather than noise.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
esprit1st

Post by esprit1st »

Hi,

thanks for the link. I set it all up with blobs already. So unfortunately it didn't help. I can't see what is triggering the alarm. I don't get the nice pics that I see in the doc with the outlined blob.

Any ideas will help.
Thanks!
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

esprit1st wrote:Hi,

thanks for the link. I set it all up with blobs already. So unfortunately it didn't help. I can't see what is triggering the alarm. I don't get the nice pics that I see in the doc with the outlined blob.

Any ideas will help.
Thanks!
That means the zone isn't set up correctly.
You need to set up a zone with blobs enabled and then make it super sensitive... so that even a small object will trip it. Changing your units to from percent to pixels will give you better precision.

Then you need to look at the statistics for the events you don't want vs. the events you do want.... often the smaller events are the ones you don't want.

So for example if an unwanted event was 500 pixels, then you know you need to bump thresholds in your zone to something above that.

If you have any further questions, then please respond with real data.
Screenshots are preferred: of the event itself, of your motion zone configuration, and the motion statistics of the event. We will not be able to help you further w/o this.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
jbg70

Post by jbg70 »

Same problem for me!
Latest 1.30.0 on fresh installed debian testing. I have a fully working 1.29.0, so I know how to configure the zones.
I can find the error into the apache2 error log file each time I click on the "Max Score" column in the event list:

Code: Select all

[Wed Nov 23 15:30:36.903547 2016] [:error] [pid 14116] [client 192.168.19.106:55360] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: Event::$StorageId in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php on line 31, referer: http://192.168.19.110/zm/index.php?view=frame&eid=80&fid=0
I see the image, but no red outline.

Also if I click on the image, I cannot switch between the analyzed image and captured image, as well as in 1.29.0.

Hope this detail helps more, since I can give you also statistics, but I do not think will be useful since the alarm occurs and is recorded.

The red outline is present in the timeline view!

Thanks.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Right, I completely forgot that didn't make it into the 1.30.0 release.

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25141&hilit=red
jbg70

Post by jbg70 »

Hi knnniggett,
thanks for your help, built from git 1.30.0 in debian stretch and outline is now OK.
There is something else not working in 1.30.0 (please see issues in github) and message on this forum: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25510

Thanks again for your help.
esprit1st

Post by esprit1st »

OK, since I have no idea how to implement the fix, I'll just wait for the next release.