Video blurs and triggers alarm ?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
tomlis

Video blurs and triggers alarm ?

Post by tomlis »

Hello,
I am using Zoneminder 1.30.0 currently I have only one cam configured.
The problem is that the video image blures sometimes. It lasts few second and after this fuzzy period everything get backs to order with video image. This happens all the time, every few second/miutes.
The other problem - which might be linked to blures - the CAM keep recording all the time, however its set up as Modetect. I suppose those fuzzy frames triggers alarm ? Events lasts for 20 second and are continuous.

I attach a fuzzy frame and cam configuration in Zoneminder.

My configuration is:
- ubuntu 14, Zoneminder 1.30.30, CAM is Overmax with ID VSTC730794ZYKJG (I do not know model) it's a HD IP cam with nightvision.

I would be greatfull for any help, I already spent on this one weeks - testing/changin/testing...
Attachments
cam-lis-ok.png
cam-lis-ok.png (197.53 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
cam-lis-2.png
cam-lis-2.png (266.08 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
mikb

Re: Video blurs and triggers alarm ?

Post by mikb »

Search this forum for "smearing" and "streaking" -- this is a recurring theme. Yes, those horrid blurs will look like a big movement, and trigger MoDect into life.
bbunge

Re: Video blurs and triggers alarm ?

Post by bbunge »

Set MAX FPS to blank
Reference Image Blend %ge and AlmRefImageBlendPct to the same value (6.26% is OK to get started)
Slow the frame rate at the camera to 5 FPS and set the key frame interval to 5 or 10
Depending on the camera it may work better on the remote setting. Overmax looks like they are Foscam knock offs.
bb