Zone Types - Bug?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
JTheDoc

Zone Types - Bug?

Post by JTheDoc »

I have been attempting to use the "Inclusive" feature on several of my cameras for weeks, only to find they do not work at all.
I'll have the active zone watching a door which will work perfectly fine when Alerted, however the Inclusive zone that follows after the door down a alley will never trigger, despite the active zone being in an Alert state.

I'm not entirely sure what I have done wrong, but I can assure that no matter what sensitivity is used in the Inclusive zone, it will never trigger despite having someone walk between the active zone and alerting it, and walking straight into the Inclusive zone.
I do not have the zones overlap, but there is very little space between them, and the camera does not enter any other state whilst the subject moves into the inclusive zone.

If anyone requires screenshots of the zone settings, and their layout, please just ask.
Can someone please assist, as this is an important issue as I have been burgled, and would like to see if anyone "hangs" around after being near my door.
bbunge

Re: Zone Types - Bug?

Post by bbunge »

Not sure what you mean by inclusive. Do you mean Linked Monitors?
mikb

Post by mikb »

"Inclusive" as in the Zone Type :- Inclusive/Exclusive/Active/Inactive/Preclusive ...
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

OK, thanks for the lesson. I have never used anything other than Active. Guess you looked over: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Defining_Zones#Type
JTheDoc

Post by JTheDoc »

Whilst this is the most replies and help I've had being on this forum, I still haven't had any constructive advice or solution, any ideas? There's a lot of vague descriptions about how Inclusion works. I only say this as it isn't working for myself... The concept is incredibly simple.

Am I correct in assuming:
On a single monitor with both an active zone, and an inclusive zone, once the active zone has been triggered to an alarm status, it'll begin to watch the inclusive for motion, and will record and continue to record until the inclusive zone shows no further motion.

Am I correct? I don't know if my posts are ever clear enough as they're often ignored, and I really wish to contribute to this forum, but until I have a functioning system, I have nothing to contribute. I have had to find very patchy solutions to my problems as they're often ignored. I thought asking advice on something simple such as the actual zone types would be a quick answer, but I guess not. Is Zoneminder still being supported, as I haven't heard news of it's development for months? Only people asking for help and getting ignored?

Sorry but it's a turn off to a valuable, terrific product with very flexible functions and potential!
mikb

Post by mikb »

I don't think people are ignoring you (or other poster's questions) -- but if they don't know the answer, or don't understand the question, there's going to be little response. It's pointless people saying "I don't know, but feel your pain", nice as that would be.

I only use "Active" zones and an "exclusive", I think, to try and stop some large lighting changes (clouds) from triggering alarms on outdoor cameras. The "exclusive" zone is in an area where motion is unlikely, so motion detected there is 99% bogus.

I'm not sure why you have two zones anyway. You may be overthinking it, or have a reason that I don't understand :) The wiki link @bbunge posted above indicates that "inclusive" is for zones that will only be recorded IF another zone e.g. an "active" one has triggered. This is so that nuisance events from e,g, a tree don't cause endless alarms. If you have no trees in your hallway, why not just have one zone covering all of the area. Or two "active" zones, one for "door" one for "hallway" if you need to split it. Either way, if someone is hanging around the hallway, it will record.