Montage not displaying anything

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
AllenW

Montage not displaying anything

Post by AllenW »

I recently upgraded from a fully working V1.28 of ZoneMinder to version ZoneMinder-MP-1.30.0-12.1.x86_64 on an opensuse 13.1 box, both from the ZoneMinder repo.
I have 11 Foscam and Amcrest IP cameras using ffmpeg 'source type'

V1.30 has some nice new features, but none of "Cycle / Montage / Montage Review" display any images. I searched this forum and the online user guide for "Montage" and nothing helpful has come up. I have tried both settings of "WEB_COMPACT_MONTAGE". I have changed the four recommended Firefox about:config settings affecting cache and connections. I did that for V1.28.0.

When I click on Montage, no ZM log entries show up.
Any advice from anyone?
bbunge

Re: Montage not displaying anything

Post by bbunge »

Montage will not show you "log" entries or events. It should show you live video from all the cameras in the group you are logged into. I have never had a Zoneminder install not show video in the Montage view as long as there was video in the individual monitor view. When you are in Montage you can click on a camera video stream to bring up the monitor view with events as long as the user you are logged in as has permission to view events.

bb
mikb

Post by mikb »

@bbunge I see your interpretation and offer an alternative parsing of the last line ...

Does @AllenW mean "When I click on Montage, no errors, information or otherwise appear in the log" ... ?
AllenW

Post by AllenW »

@mikb has it right. I am expecting to see my 11 video camera live streams when I click on montage. All of my individual monitors display good live video streams.

The rest of my words were about what I tried in my effort to diagnose the problem.

I do know PHP and could try some debugging. but didn't want to go there before seeking this forums wisdom.

Any guidance after this clarification?
jk787

Post by jk787 »

On a related point. I have just installed Zoneminder 1.30 on Ubuntu 14.04 and am trying in vain to get 2 x 4MP Longse (Herospeed) cameras to work. I can connect to both cameras from Internet Explorer and all view the picture with no issues. When I try to configure Zoneminder using the Onvif function it detects both cameras and completes the set up but I cannot get a picture from either. The montage option brings up 2 "windows" (for want of a better word) with "No Data" written across both. I have tried following tutorials on YouTube around configuring Zoneminder manually but all to no avail.. This is my first foray into both Linux and Zoneminder so forgive me if I'm doing something stupid! Thanks in advance for any assistance.
jk787
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

jk787 wrote:On a related point. I have just installed Zoneminder 1.30 on Ubuntu 14.04 and am trying in vain to get 2 x 4MP Longse (Herospeed) cameras to work. I can connect to both cameras from Internet Explorer and all view the picture with no issues. When I try to configure Zoneminder using the Onvif function it detects both cameras and completes the set up but I cannot get a picture from either. The montage option brings up 2 "windows" (for want of a better word) with "No Data" written across both. I have tried following tutorials on YouTube around configuring Zoneminder manually but all to no avail.. This is my first foray into both Linux and Zoneminder so forgive me if I'm doing something stupid! Thanks in advance for any assistance.
jk787
Click on Options - Paths Change PATH_ZMS to /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms (Caution: make sure you enter only /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms with no space at the end or your video will not work!)

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

AllenW wrote:@mikb has it right. I am expecting to see my 11 video camera live streams when I click on montage. All of my individual monitors display good live video streams.

The rest of my words were about what I tried in my effort to diagnose the problem.

I do know PHP and could try some debugging. but didn't want to go there before seeking this forums wisdom.

Any guidance after this clarification?
Hmm...Did you update your ZM database and the permissions? The upgrade for Ubuntu ZM 1.30.0 does this automatically.

Change permissions in your "ZM database to allow the creation of a table
mysql -uroot -p -e "grant all on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';"

Run the database upgrade (this is for Ubuntu. may be the same for Suse)
/usr/bin/zmupdate.pl
AllenW

Post by AllenW »

In going from V1.28 to V1.30, I recreated the mysql database totally using the script zm_database_init. It appears that the database is getting used as events are properly being logged along with numerous other tables.
running zmupdate.pl says that DB is already 1.30.0.
I ran the grant all command you suggest with zmuser=admin (the Username of record in the database) and zmpass=ZM_DB_PASS string that is set in /etc/zm.conf.

Still no Montage video showing. Other ideas? Thanks for your help.
AllenW

Post by AllenW »

Just to confirm, I see "Create_priv" and "Create_tmp_table_priv" set to "Y" for this user for the database "zm".
AllenW

Post by AllenW »

Aha. I removed all cookies from my browser related to the ZoneMinder server, and then Montage behaved okay.

Problem solved.
jaysix79

Post by jaysix79 »

bbunge wrote:
jk787 wrote:On a related point. I have just installed Zoneminder 1.30 on Ubuntu 14.04 and am trying in vain to get 2 x 4MP Longse (Herospeed) cameras to work. I can connect to both cameras from Internet Explorer and all view the picture with no issues. When I try to configure Zoneminder using the Onvif function it detects both cameras and completes the set up but I cannot get a picture from either. The montage option brings up 2 "windows" (for want of a better word) with "No Data" written across both. I have tried following tutorials on YouTube around configuring Zoneminder manually but all to no avail.. This is my first foray into both Linux and Zoneminder so forgive me if I'm doing something stupid! Thanks in advance for any assistance.
jk787
Click on Options - Paths Change PATH_ZMS to /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms (Caution: make sure you enter only /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms with no space at the end or your video will not work!)

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way

thanks for this tip.... I just joined the forum less than 5 minutes ago.... i was about to ask but then i saw your post. just what im looking for... thanks again
jk787

Post by jk787 »

Many thanks for the reply. Unfortunately having made the changes I was still in grief as my pc seemed to continually crash when trying to get the thing working. I have eventually installed version 16,04 and am currently trying to reinstall Zoneminder 1.30 (without much success) so will no doubt be returning for some assistance!