"Add New Monitor" Error

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Toko33

"Add New Monitor" Error

Post by Toko33 »

I am running a new Ubuntu install and installed Zoneminder 1.30. (I was running 1.29 until my HDD crashed).

I go to add a monitor and get this error when I click on 'Save' button:

SQL-ERR 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'ServerId' at row 1', statement was 'insert into Monitors set LinkedMonitors = '', Name = 'Amcrest', ServerId = '', Type = 'Ffmpeg', Function = 'Monitor', Enabled = '1', RefBlendPerc = '6', AlarmRefBlendPerc = '6', AnalysisFPS = '15', MaxFPS = '15', AlarmMaxFPS = '15', Device = '/dev/video0', Channel = '0', Format = '255', Palette = '0', V4LMultiBuffer = '', V4LCapturesPerFrame = '1', Protocol = '', Host = '', Port = '80', RTSPDescribe = '0', LabelFormat = '%N - %d/%m/%y %H:%M:%S', LabelX = '0', LabelY = '0', LabelSize = '1', ImageBufferCount = '50', WarmupCount = '25', PreEventCount = '25', PostEventCount = '25', StreamReplayBuffer = '1000', AlarmFrameCount = '1', EventPrefix = 'Event-', SectionLength = '600', FrameSkip = '0', MotionFrameSkip = '0', AnalysisUpdateDelay = '0', FPSReportInterval = '1000', DefaultView = 'Events', DefaultRate = '100', DefaultScale = '100', WebColour = 'red', Exif = '', SignalCheckColour = '#0000c0', Path = 'rtsp://[removed]:[removed]@[removed]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0', Method = 'rtpRtsp', Options = '', Colours = '3', Width = '1280', Height = '960', Orientation = '0', Deinterlacing = '0', Sequence = 1'

I was following these instructions:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way

I cannot add a monitor. I did not get this error on my 1.29 version install. Please help!
bbunge

Re: "Add New Monitor" Error

Post by bbunge »

Looks like your database does not have the right permissions. You are running the version of MySQL that came with Ubuntu 14.04?
Dump your database
Run to create a new database:
mysql -uroot -p < /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql

mysql -uroot -p -e "grant all on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';"

mysqladmin -uroot -p reload
Toko33

Post by Toko33 »

You are probably right about the SQL server configuration issue.

I think I followed the Ubuntu 14.x instructions when I actually have Ubuntu 16.04 installed. I'm going to go back and reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Sorry
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Toko33 wrote:You are probably right about the SQL server configuration issue.

I think I followed the Ubuntu 14.x instructions when I actually have Ubuntu 16.04 installed. I'm going to go back and reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Sorry
Ah, I was wondering if that was the case. There is a bit more to configure MySQL in 16.04. I find it better to use Mariadb and there are instructions in the WIKI to do just that!