ZoneMinder 1.30.x more problem on Log

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
locdp2

ZoneMinder 1.30.x more problem on Log

Post by locdp2 »

Hi, I am new user of ZoneMinder. I install it on Ubuntu Server 16.04. Setup is ok and i add vantech camera is ok. But when i view Log tab. I see some problem. I don't know it. Can you tell me about of it. i attachments the picture.

"ERR Unexpected channel selector 2 in RTSP interleaved data"

p/s: Sorry because my bad English.

Thanks
LocDP
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (47.76 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
knight-of-ni

Re: ZoneMinder 1.30.x more problem on Log

Post by knight-of-ni »

Use the ffmpeg source type, rather than the remote/rtsp source type.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
locdp2

Post by locdp2 »

Hi knnniggett,

Thanks for help. When i change "Source Type" to Ffmpeg. My error is reslove but i have warning. Like that

"Approaching buffer overrun, consider slowing capture, simplifying analysis or increasing ring buffer size"

Thanks
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

That means exactly what it says. You are driving your system too hard so you need to slow things down.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
locdp2

Post by locdp2 »

knnniggett wrote:That means exactly what it says. You are driving your system too hard so you need to slow things down.
yeah i have read some topic. And somebody tell...i need config "Maximum FPS" or upgrade hardware configuration. Can you give me some advice to tunning my system.

Thanks
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Set the Max FPS in your cameras, not Zoneminder, to 5 FPS. If you have a Key Frame setting make it 2 to 4 seconds. Set the resolution, in Zoneminder to 640X(whatever your camera can do).

Get things working with no errors and increase settings a bit at a time. Remember to check the resources MySQL uses (install and run mysqltuner). Check the free space in your tmpfs. If you do not have a lot of RAM you may have to move some pf the Path settings off to your hard drive (/tmp/zm) which can slow the system down but may allow it to work to troubleshoot.

Good Luck!

bb